Other Pedals w AX8??

I've played around with a few analog drives and my Eventide H9 with mine. Good fun, and the H9 frees up CPU for running super lush patches too. For live playing it's overkill for me though.

I use a wah pedal. I know I could use an expression pedal and the ax8, but all I would use it for would be wah anyways. Got a EMB pedal wah that should be arriving today, I am totally stoked. I have several wahs and enjoy swaping them in/out just for a change.

I use my carbon copy and afterneath pedals for recording. They sound amazing!

I also use a few different overdrive pedals for different flavors of distortion.

So far, it has worked very well with whatever pedal I throw at it!

Until we got another guitar player, I used a Ditto 4x looper as it was easier than using the internal one. I also use a Spark Boost drive and tried a couple external distortion pedals. Before 7.0 (or was it 6.0?) the drives in the AX were only OK. Now I don't really need the distortion pedal and think I will take it off the board.

I totally agree with you, addedc.

I only use my own overdrives for getting different flavors. ....and with all the available drives and parameters available, I could likely create any overdrive imaginable. The drive block really is impressive!

I have been considering running my Analogman CompRESSor in front of the AX8, it has some flavors I cannot replicate with the comps in AX8. I like the new optocomp so much that I will properly drop it though.

I use a Strymon BigSky, Strymon Dig and a Neunaber Stereo Wet Reverb all mounted on a separate pedalboard along with my G50 wireless. I was using these before with my previous Suhr Badger 35 amp rig and was used to many of the settings I had dialed in. So I have some settings I can't quite get to with the AX8 plus I save tons of CPU. The only downside is I don't have output 2 available because it is used for the FX loop.

Until we got another guitar player, I used a Ditto 4x looper as it was easier than using the internal one. I also use a Spark Boost drive and tried a couple external distortion pedals. Before 7.0 (or was it 6.0?) the drives in the AX were only OK. Now I don't really need the distortion pedal and think I will take it off the board.
Hi there, I am a fan of the Spark Boost. Do you mind sharing how you integrate it onto the chain? Instrument-AX8-SPARK, or Instrument-SPARK-AX8? Maybe I'm being a bit lazy to set up different presets and or scenes with higher volume for solos or specific parts of a song but having the Spark seems like a quick, simple solution :)

I run a Big Sky and an H9 currently. Just used to running a Big Sky and the H9 is used with some specialty stuff. Helps free CPU up tremendously. Had no intentions of running the extra pedals but got used to carrying Temple 34. Had some space left so I ordered a Digitech Freqout for some fun (shipping Apri)

I used to put an FX loop block to put my physical Zendrive after the compressor, now I use a new drive called Elektron Analog Drive which is sort of an analog multi-fx drive pedal with 8 separate analog curcuits, sounds awesome with the AX8

I am planning to run the new Freq Out pedal when I receive it. First outboard pedal that I'll run. I know one can set up a pedal and pitch block to emulate some of it, but then my pitch block is tied up for that function, as well as my expression pedal. This will be an easy to use Pedal that will work with any preset for me, clean or dirty.

When I first got the AX8, I put a TimeFactor in the loop, to free up some CPU. I eventually sold the TimeFactor though. Now I run an Xotic EP Booster in front, just in case I want a bit extra juice without needing to edit my presets.

I use my shure glad 16 wireless and a dunlop crybaby wah. I have thought about recently adding a few of my old overdrive pedals or comps and trying to use them along with my ax8. Would it work and would I have to do anything special to the preset ? We run usually out of mains and I use IEM's.

Running a g30 wireless, a whammy V (pre ax8), and an EHX V256 vocoder (loop). No issues with any except for triggering the whammy and vocoder on/off via ax8 midi PC; I'm using some additional midi gear to translate the PC messages into CC messages on different midi channels. When I got the ax8 i thought that I didn't need the whammy anymore,, but...

I think the only issue you may have with running od's and comps is overloading the input of the ax8

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom