OT: Trogly trades up for an Axe-Fx III

Not specific to this review, but my $0.02 is as follows....

Sophisticated technology requires a sophisticated user.

I'm not saying anything about capabilities or intelligence here. What I mean is that a review of a device as complex and powerful as the AxeFX III requires a minimum level of time to be invested in understanding how to use it. It is fun to spin through the presets and just noodle around on them. In fact, a person could use those great factory presets for immediate gigging, and would do quite well. I suppose that would be a sort of testimonial to the quality of the device.

There is much more under the hood of course. It would take a pretty long review to familiarize a reader / viewer with the capabilities of the AxeFX III. I'd be tempted to just refer someone to Cooper Carter's great video series for that.

Not to stir up any more s#1@ here of course, but just a couple days ago I stumbled upon a "new" (meaning "edited") version of a video from that old guy whose name I shall not pronounce, y'know the guy who likes to "open things up and make inventory"... Right when he takes a stab at how complicated the Axe is. I get it, not everyone's is a tweaker, but when buying or consider getting any advance piece of gear (and let's face it, in this digital age everything is 'complicated' as far as how a smarthphone stands against your trusty old dial phone) you should know beforehand if you want to take the commitment to learn the thing and squeeze it or sit there, frustrated because you don't wanna take a few mins a day to learn. It's like being a lifetime Plexi player and then complaint the moment you buy a MESA Roadking.

He's a fellow Buckeye so I've had dealings with this guy. He knows just enough to be dangerous. He is passionate about guitars. Very opinionated and somewhat misguided at times. He does some pretty cool reviews of guitars that are rare along with the latest guitars from the top manufacturers.

He's a fellow Buckeye so I've had dealings with this guy. He knows just enough to be dangerous. He is passionate about guitars. Very opinionated and somewhat misguided at times. He does some pretty cool reviews of guitars that are rare along with the latest guitars from the top manufacturers.
What's a Buckeye?

His videos are definitely like, the ultimate in guitar gear nerdery, but I occasionally flip through some of them to see some cool guitars I'd never see elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom