OT: Trogly trades up for an Axe-Fx III

He's guy from Ohio, who has a fun guitar review show... My 6 year old is hooked on the show!
r4e163syhub41.jpg

Yea he pretty much just gets things in and flips them, he's got it listed on his reverb page already

I sent him a message about it as well to offer my TC-50 and cash to boot, but never heard back. Guess he wasnt interested. Then i saw it listed over retail. was a SMH moment

I sent him a message about it as well to offer my TC-50 and cash to boot, but never heard back. Guess he wasnt interested. Then i saw it listed over retail. was a SMH moment

He sold off the Axe III already... pretty basic review of the Axe III up now

He sold off the Axe III already... pretty basic review of the Axe III up now

If you read the comments from his followers, many say that this is the best tone he ever had in a demo. Either he only reviews low quality gear or he doesn't have the skills, gear, ear and/or patience to properly mike an amp for recording.

Last edited:
If you read the comments from his followers, many say that this is the best tone he ever had in a demo. Either he only reviews low quality gear or he doesn't have the skills, gear, ear and/or patience to properly mike an amp for recording.

Trogly is not the greatest guitarist, nor is he a recording engineer... Seems like this bothers a lot of people. His reviews are super informative, and he points out all the flaws in any guitar he is selling. I believe his is just mic'ing up a vanilla Fender Deluxe tube amp.

Last edited:
Not specific to this review, but my $0.02 is as follows....

Sophisticated technology requires a sophisticated user.

I'm not saying anything about capabilities or intelligence here. What I mean is that a review of a device as complex and powerful as the AxeFX III requires a minimum level of time to be invested in understanding how to use it. It is fun to spin through the presets and just noodle around on them. In fact, a person could use those great factory presets for immediate gigging, and would do quite well. I suppose that would be a sort of testimonial to the quality of the device.

There is much more under the hood of course. It would take a pretty long review to familiarize a reader / viewer with the capabilities of the AxeFX III. I'd be tempted to just refer someone to Cooper Carter's great video series for that.

Not specific to this review, but my $0.02 is as follows....

Sophisticated technology requires a sophisticated user.

I'm not saying anything about capabilities or intelligence here. What I mean is that a review of a device as complex and powerful as the AxeFX III requires a minimum level of time to be invested in understanding how to use it. It is fun to spin through the presets and just noodle around on them. In fact, a person could use those great factory presets for immediate gigging, and would do quite well. I suppose that would be a sort of testimonial to the quality of the device.

There is much more under the hood of course. It would take a pretty long review to familiarize a reader / viewer with the capabilities of the AxeFX III. I'd be tempted to just refer someone to Cooper Carter's great video series for that.

I would think just the opposite is true. That is why you have so many unboxing\first impressions\sneak peak type reviews. 90% of the NAMM reviews are from guys who have only spent 5 minutes with the new product they are reviewing. If I went to see the NY philharmonic orchestra perform, am I not allowed to review it because I am not a classically trained conductor?

Also, when Trogly calls his review "The bonehead guide" I would think you would take it a bit lightly.

Back
Top Bottom