Oscilation

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,

Not 100% sure this is a bug but it's certainly repeatable.

Axe FX II FW15.07
Into mixing desk in a studio environment
Using Axe Edit and American Telecaster

PROCEDURE
1 - Load the Farfegnugen preset
2 - Add a Drive block in the first slot (Mine defaults to a Rat)
RESULT
High Pitched oscillation around 4k -
TRIED
Turning the monitoring off, the desk meters still show the oscillation. Raising the volume to JUST audible confirms its still there.
Turning the guitar volume down stops it (even without any volume)
Changing the input impedance to 22k stops it
Plugging a Gibson Les Paul changes the resonating to 2.5k

Plugging just a guitar lead (no guitar) has the resonating occurring at just under 2.5k
[Edit] I should add - changing the lead has the same result.

This seems to be resonating for (simulated) electrical reasons, not acoustic or micro-phonic as you don't need any volume at all. (literally zero volume)

There are no apparent electrical reasons (in the studio) for this to be happening. Lots of mics & other equipment connected with zero issues.

Thanks
Pauly

Last edited:
Curious if you've tested to see if changing the preset to something other than Farfegnugen has any effect? Also, any chance you have another "modeling" type of unit you could plug into the same mixing desk, via the same port the AxeFX is currently?

Hi'

Yes - changing presets gets rid of it - I was just using that preset as an example as it's standard and made the issue repeatable. It's all to do with the gain of the chosen amp (in the axe fx).
The ' port' in the desk is up to spec- plugging any other unit into the same inputs yields expected results.

Thanks
Pauly

Curious if you've tested to see if changing the preset to something other than Farfegnugen has any effect? Also, any chance you have another "modeling" type of unit you could plug into the same mixing desk, via the same port the AxeFX is currently?

Back
Top Bottom