• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

ORS (Fuzzrock) first album released - Axe-FX II all along !

Eldogond

Inspired
Hey there !

It's been ages since I shared anything here :eek:

We just released our first album with my new band ORS.
All the guitars and bass parts were recorded with the Axe-FX II (Quantum 1.00). We just added a Rotosound Fuzz pedal in front of the beast for the heavy fuzzy parts.

The guitar used on 95% of the album is my Mayones Legend, and the bass my Mayones Patriot 5.

The Axe-FX II is a damn crazy beast, especially since the Quantum update. I've been using it since 5 years, and I think I've seen only 1% of it's possibilities.

Hope you will enjoy !

Cainer

Experienced
Hey there !

It's been ages since I shared anything here :eek:

We just released our first album with my new band ORS.
All the guitars and bass parts were recorded with the Axe-FX II (Quantum 1.00). We just added a Rotosound Fuzz pedal in front of the beast for the heavy fuzzy parts.

The guitar used on 95% of the album is my Mayones Legend, and the bass my Mayones Patriot 5.

The Axe-FX II is a damn crazy beast, especially since the Quantum update. I've been using it since 5 years, and I think I've seen only 1% of it's possibilities.

Hope you will enjoy !

Giving this a listen right now - some very cool songwriting, and tones so far - I like it! Sounds like some Tool influence, and maybe even Radiohead in parts? Maybe some Alice in Chains too? It's got it's own thing though - awesome!

Love the album artwork too - where is it from?

EDIT: I'm now about 20 min in - I LOVE this! Dude this is killer stuff! Just bought the album from this link

Last edited:

Eldogond

Inspired
Thanks a lot guys !
And huge thanks for buying it on Bandcamp ! :eek:

I wouldn't put Tool as something I had in mind when I wrote this music, but it's definitely something that is part of my general influences ! Radiohead, absolutly, and Alice In Chains too. Probably mostly coming from the vocals I'd say (I'm not the singer tho :) ).

Artwork is a painting Aria Fawn made for the album (https://www.facebook.com/ShePaintsWithBlood/), amazing piece of art ! Thanks for her :D

Eldogond

Inspired
Thank you very much Johnny !

BTW, the Rotosound Fuzz is amazing guys, works damn well with the Axe-FX. Doesn't add much noise, and turn your distortion tone into a fuzzy one, pretty damn cool.

Top Bottom