Original XL "Secret Stash" Sale

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Cliff recently went to visit one of our manufacturing partners. While he was there, they discovered a supply of XL mainboards, enough to build up a small supply of units that we decided to offer at the special sale price of $1999 each.

If you've been waiting to upgrade to an XL-series model, now's the time. This is a limited offer... once these are gone, the original XL is gone forever.

http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Axe_Fx_II_XL_Pream…/fas-013.htm

Last edited:
Take it this is for USA and Canada Only??? and not available for UK???

Last edited:
Yes, sorry, everything we do in the USA is for the US and Canada only.

These are going very fast by the way.

This is a good opportunity. You can run any Axe XL firmware on these; you're stuck with 18 and above on the XL+.

I bought an XL+ as a second rig last summer, but sold it because I still use 17. Now I can build that out and save some money as well.

Mine just arrived today! Just wondering, if I have been using the AXE FX II and swap it out for this XL unit, will I have to update all my drivers again and AXE Edit and the MFC foot board? Or will it be "plug n play" beauty ?? Would be nice to know before I start getting frustrated... LOL

Drivers should be fine. You would only need a new version of Edit if you're switching firmware versions, that is your II is on something older than 18 and you're leaving the new one at 18 or higher.

Drivers should be fine. You would only need a new version of Edit if you're switching firmware versions, that is your II is on something older than 18 and you're leaving the new one at 18 or higher.
That's good news! I had some trouble with the driver biz on the Mark II when I first got it.. in fact, my DAW still won't jump on that driver if I try to use it as an interface, so I had to download an ASIO driver for that..
I'm on the Quantum 1.? something on the old one, so hopefully the new one is in the Quantum realm already.. I am one of those type that is a bit lazy when it comes to all the set up stuff... I just want to plug it in and start playing! LOL..
Thanks for the reply!

OMG I just saw this and just placed my order. I was kind of wanting this over the foot version anyways, because I need power!!! More powa!! Hoping it comes with the latest firmwares. Does anyone know if you can load older presets on the new firmware?

Mine came with either Q1.05 or Q1.06, I don't remember.

You can load old presets 'up', but you can't load new ones 'down'.

I can take my V17.04 presets and load them into Quantum, but if I modify one in Quantum, it will no longer work with pre-Quantum.

Awesome! Thank you for fast response. This my first fractal product so no issues with going back in firmware...Good info to know though for the future.

Mine came with either Q1.05 or Q1.06, I don't remember.

You can load old presets 'up', but you can't load new ones 'down'.

I can take my V17.04 presets and load them into Quantum, but if I modify one in Quantum, it will no longer work with pre-Quantum.

At this price it's hard to believe these haven't completely sold out yet! There can't be many left...

Maybe a backup-backup unit?:cool:

The XL+s are listed as out of stock. Is that correct? Is that just until the XLs are sold through? Or are you truly out? If so - what is the wait time?

Also - the only downside I see to the XL deal for me is that all the XL+ presets won't work on it since as far as I can tell all the various models are backwards compatible only with presets. Since I'm not a good tweaker other user preset availability is important to me. Thoughts on that? Am I looking at it the right way?

No.

Preset compatibility (within the XL family at least) is firmware-based, not unit-based. Every XL preset works on every XL+, and the other way 'round, as long as they're on the same firmware 'major release' - i.e. v18, Quantum, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom