Original Tune with Friedman HBE (Shrapnel Records Influenced!)

powerslave88

Inspired
Hi guys!

I wrote this track with my good friend and phenomenal guitarist Tim Reid back in 2009 when I was studying at Leeds College of Music. We were listening to a lot of Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Tony McAlpine etc at the time - essentially our playlist was just Shrapnel Records haha! Anyway, we wrote a lot, and this was one I was especially proud of, so I thought I'd get myself onto Logic and record it after all these years! Tim doesn't feature on the recording unfortunately as he lives in Japan these days.

ANYWAY - I hope you enjoy - I used midi drums and bass, and the guitars are recorded using the Friedman HBE model and a fantastic ML Sound Lab IR.

Cheers!

Yeah Dude!
Extremely cool!
The melodies and the tone really reminded me of early/mid '80s Judas Priest. (Stained Class, Hell Bent)

Awesome Job :cool:

great!! I love the fact you didn't use too much gain, you can definitely hear the articulation in the fast runs \m/

Thank you so much man - you are an absolutely deadly guitarist, so that is a hell of a compliment! Yeah, I think I had my gain dialled around 3 or 4 on the HBE - its more than I'll ever need! For the two solos (well, its all a solo, but the two designated solos haha) I stuck the FAS drive pedal in front, with maybe .99 drive on it. So yeah, all fairly low gain in the scheme of things! I doubled up more or less all the parts though to thicken it out :)

Yeah Dude!
Extremely cool!
The melodies and the tone really reminded me of early/mid '80s Judas Priest. (Stained Class, Hell Bent)

Awesome Job :cool:

Thank you! I'm so grateful that you and everyone else has taken the time out to listen - real cool of you all :) We just wanted to write something that rocked hard in the old school kinda vibe, but which had a bit of finger twisting goodness thrown in!

Hot damn those leads really cut though the mix! Come to think of it everything sounds great :O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom