• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Original Tune with Friedman HBE (Shrapnel Records Influenced!)

powerslave88

Inspired
Hi guys!

I wrote this track with my good friend and phenomenal guitarist Tim Reid back in 2009 when I was studying at Leeds College of Music. We were listening to a lot of Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Tony McAlpine etc at the time - essentially our playlist was just Shrapnel Records haha! Anyway, we wrote a lot, and this was one I was especially proud of, so I thought I'd get myself onto Logic and record it after all these years! Tim doesn't feature on the recording unfortunately as he lives in Japan these days.

ANYWAY - I hope you enjoy - I used midi drums and bass, and the guitars are recorded using the Friedman HBE model and a fantastic ML Sound Lab IR.

Cheers!

TheTrooper

Inspired
Yeah Dude!
Extremely cool!
The melodies and the tone really reminded me of early/mid '80s Judas Priest. (Stained Class, Hell Bent)

Awesome Job :cool:

powerslave88

Inspired
great!! I love the fact you didn't use too much gain, you can definitely hear the articulation in the fast runs \m/

Thank you so much man - you are an absolutely deadly guitarist, so that is a hell of a compliment! Yeah, I think I had my gain dialled around 3 or 4 on the HBE - its more than I'll ever need! For the two solos (well, its all a solo, but the two designated solos haha) I stuck the FAS drive pedal in front, with maybe .99 drive on it. So yeah, all fairly low gain in the scheme of things! I doubled up more or less all the parts though to thicken it out :)

powerslave88

Inspired
Yeah Dude!
Extremely cool!
The melodies and the tone really reminded me of early/mid '80s Judas Priest. (Stained Class, Hell Bent)

Awesome Job :cool:

Thank you! I'm so grateful that you and everyone else has taken the time out to listen - real cool of you all :) We just wanted to write something that rocked hard in the old school kinda vibe, but which had a bit of finger twisting goodness thrown in!

Black Fox

Hot damn those leads really cut though the mix! Come to think of it everything sounds great :O

Last edited:
Top Bottom