Original tune with Axe fx + Komplete 10

brycegoertzen

Experienced
Hey guys! I tried writing something with a film score kind of influence and this is what came out.

I'm using the Chris Broderick pick clip for jumping between tapping and picking faster. The amp tone is supposed to be more Recto oriented. The singing after the break was the toughest part for me. Hope you enjoy!

Gear used:
- Musicman Majesty 7string
- Axe fx 2
-Superior Drummer 2.0 w/ Metal Foundry
-KOMPLETE 10 ultimate
- Toneport UX2 (for vocals)
- Ibanez basses
- Korg keyboards
-Logic express 9

Id raise the solo up a bit starting at 53 seconds, I know its all personal preference, but I believe it would help that solo cut through a bit more. What do you think? Also I think it would sound cool to add a little delay to the clean guitar starting at 2:32, I'm talking just a little. Sounding great though man!
Markmusicman

Id raise the solo up a bit starting at 53 seconds, I know its all personal preference, but I believe it would help that solo cut through a bit more. What do you think? Also I think it would sound cool to add a little delay to the clean guitar starting at 2:32, I'm talking just a little. Sounding great though man!
Markmusicman

That would definitely add to the mix. When you hear it for a few hours straight and come back a few days later, it doesn't sound the same and I should have def upped the solo levels and add some clean delay. Thanks for the input man! Really appreciate it! Cheers!

I agree sometimes when we are working on things for hours we hear them a bit different when we come back to it. I also listen to recordings on other devices to see how they sound. Sounding real good though man! Nice work.
That would definitely add to the mix. When you hear it for a few hours straight and come back a few days later, it doesn't sound the same and I should have def upped the solo levels and add some clean delay. Thanks for the input man! Really appreciate it! Cheers!

I agree sometimes when we are working on things for hours we hear them a bit different when we come back to it. I also listen to recordings on other devices to see how they sound. Sounding real good though man! Nice work.

Ya it also helps tremendously to listen to it in the car and stereo I find.

Hey man just checked out the song and video. Wow lots of very nice stuff there!

Honestly though, I would loose the screaming vocals (lyrics in red). For me I don't like to hear that and I feel it adds nothing to the song, only makes me want to turn it off.

You already play great, with a great song. A heavier vocal minus the shrieking is what I would do. Still nice job tho! : )

I actually like the growly vocal, and I'm not a guy that typically likes the growly vocals! throwing it in as a change of pace/variation seems to work here for me. Absolutely love the clock-like harmonic tapping at the end, and pairing it with the piano is really nice. Tons of talent on display in this one!

awesome tune The heavy vocals got to be a bit much for me too.. but im old..
Awesome guitar work. Im missing some bass though. it sounds a bit thin on my system.

overall, an amazing tune

Is that Hogwart's in the background?

Lose the subtitles. IMHO it ruins the effect and gives it an unintended karaoke feel. You really don't want that in this genre.

Absolut fantastic and love this growly vocals it makes me feel shivers on the skin - you did a song somtime before with this growly vocals and it made me almost shed some tears - I love it. And not to forgett the incredible playing:encouragement:

I actually like the growly vocal, and I'm not a guy that typically likes the growly vocals! throwing it in as a change of pace/variation seems to work here for me. Absolutely love the clock-like harmonic tapping at the end, and pairing it with the piano is really nice. Tons of talent on display in this one!

THanks Gary!

Killer... absolutely! Great stuff... even the growl vocals (one of the best... not orverdoed!)
Great playing! Great work on the other instruments!
Just... yep... rip-off the subtitles... too karaoke-feel!

Hey man just checked out the song and video. Wow lots of very nice stuff there!

Honestly though, I would loose the screaming vocals (lyrics in red). For me I don't like to hear that and I feel it adds nothing to the song, only makes me want to turn it off.

You already play great, with a great song. A heavier vocal minus the shrieking is what I would do. Still nice job tho! : )

Thanks for the input man! Sry to disappoint you with the harsh vox

Absolut fantastic and love this growly vocals it makes me feel shivers on the skin - you did a song somtime before with this growly vocals and it made me almost shed some tears - I love it. And not to forgett the incredible playing:encouragement:

Thanks man. That's a day maker comment for sure!

Back
Top Bottom