Original Song with Vox - Presets Included in Thread

brycegoertzen

Experienced
Hey guys! Just put up an original song on my youtube page and wanted to post it here for some potential feedback/criticism.

I recorded it using the Solo 100 Lead for leads, the Brit JM45 for cleans/ slappy guitar and the Angle severe 1 and 2 for the heavy rhythm guitars.

The patches for the JM45 and the lead tone are posted below if anyone wanted to try them out.

Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• JTM 45.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Wardingham Soldano.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 28
Crazy good stuff Bryce !
As usual !! Keep it coming !!

Mixing wise which is super good (i'm listening on Akg headphones right now ) I think kick is a little too much on top while the snare is quite behind .... probably your choice so nothing strange :D did you put 2 different kicks for doublekick\ normal single ? BTW sounds awesome and I like your compositions .. A lot !!

Crazy good stuff Bryce !
As usual !! Keep it coming !!

Mixing wise which is super good (i'm listening on Akg headphones right now ) I think kick is a little too much on top while the snare is quite behind .... probably your choice so nothing strange :D did you put 2 different kicks for doublekick\ normal single ? BTW sounds awesome and I like your compositions .. A lot !!
Hmm I think you're right about the kick and snare. Mixing is a lot of trial and error for me personally. I got as long way to go haha. The only thing thats different is the intensity of the midi hits. Obviously they're higher when the song gets heavier. Thanks for your compliment man I really appreciate it!

Like it a lot!! The mix is very "guitar player" -- meaning I'd like even more if the vocal and drums were louder and edgier.

That was really cool! The clean guitar slap thing you do to kick it all off is very unique. Like Don Ross, but on electric.

Like it a lot!! The mix is very "guitar player" -- meaning I'd like even more if the vocal and drums were louder and edgier.
Hey thanks for listening! Mixing is definitely an area for me that needs improvement so I appreciate the input. Upon listening, the drums do need a lot more "pop"

Back
Top Bottom