Original Metal Tune with Vocals.... Patches Included (Angle Severe 1+2)

brycegoertzen

Experienced
Hey guys I just uploaded a new original to my pooptube page. I recorded the rhythm and lead guitars with the angle severe 2 and angle severe 1 amps, respectively.

The rhythm patch uses a tone match block from one of Ola Englund's amp demos (the last Engl demo I believe) after a 4x12 PVH6160 so you get the best of both worlds.

The lead patch has a 4x12 Recto M160 on the left and a 4x12 1960B V30 on the right.

Would love to hear your thoughts and criticisms on the tones, the mix and everything. I appreciate you dudes and dudets taking the time to check it out!

Attachments

• Angle Rhythm (Grouper.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Engl Savage.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 35
You pretty much have the Ola Englund syndrome, you make perfect sounding metal, regardless of the high gain amp or cab you use. Honestly, Im sure it would sound this good with most of them.

You pretty much have the Ola Englund syndrome, you make perfect sounding metal, regardless of the high gain amp or cab you use. Honestly, Im sure it would sound this good with most of them.
It's hard not to strive for that sound once you've heard it. The bass tone has a lot to do with how the mix sounds as well in terms of gluing the drums and guitars together

Guitar tones sound awesome, but I'm missing some bass guitar growl in the middle to tie them together... atm the rhythm guitars sound a bit "alone" out on either side. Could maybe use a multicomp on the rhythm guitars to tame low end a little bit during palmmutes. Also the kick and snare could be a bit more "in my face".

Otherwise great tones! :)

Guitar tones sound awesome, but I'm missing some bass guitar growl in the middle to tie them together... atm the rhythm guitars sound a bit "alone" out on either side. Could maybe use a multicomp on the rhythm guitars to tame low end a little bit during palmmutes. Also the kick and snare could be a bit more "in my face".

Otherwise great tones! :)
I really like you pointing out the growl in the bass because it ties the punchy drums in with the guitars for a more impactful sound. Thanks for your critique and now I have a target to shoot at for next time. Cheers man! :)

YES! Love it!
Reminds me of some classic Scar Symmetry when their original singer Christian was in the band.
Great job man \m/
Hey thanks so much for the compliment my friend. Sorry for the enormously delayed response. I'm at a retreat in the peruvian amazon currently so thats why it took so long. It's difficult to get wifi down here lol

Love the chugging and song in general. Can't really relate to the lyrics at all though haha :)
Thanks Jakob! The lyrics are supposed to be about regret that invading armies feel after trying to overtake an area that they really weren't prepared to overtake, if that makes sense. Maybe it doesn't haha

Back
Top Bottom