Original Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Live Tone Matching ,for Axe FX II!

Dimebucker, can you give a little more info on the JP settings that were used for these?

Like on the 2 patches that have "album" in their names, which albums are they referring to? Same for the ones that have "studio" in their names. Are they settings he used while in the studio while making certain albums?

Unfortunately i don`t remember anymore all those settings ,because we did shoot so many different settings. But all what i have found in years and years searching ,Petrucci:s settings for recording process studio live. I must say there was lots of different settings ,and lots of Mark IIC+ Live Tone Matching presets also can`t remember numbers but lot.

But settings was Petrucci:s New era and Petrucci:s old era ,i will try find those notes in my computer in some point. Biggest and hardest thing is then ,that i need then try remember which settings was certain presets. And also some of those settings are hand written in paper for some of Petrucci:s IIC+ rigs ,i need search my lockers to find those also.

Dimebucker, can you give a little more info on the JP settings that were used for these?

Like on the 2 patches that have "album" in their names, which albums are they referring to? Same for the ones that have "studio" in their names. Are they settings he used while in the studio while making certain albums?

Yeah Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ amps are RARE here whole country ,not only for this town what i have see years and years :lol Sorry it is not my personal own amp ,and i do not have unfortunately that amp front of me right now.

Dimebucker! Where the hell did you find a IIC+ in this small town we both live in? :lol And obviously... can I quickly borrow it? :D

Unfortunately i don`t remember anymore all those settings ,because we did shoot so many different settings. But all what i have found in years and years searching ,Petrucci:s settings for recording process studio live. I must say there was lots of different settings ,and lots of Mark IIC+ Live Tone Matching presets also can`t remember numbers but lot.

But settings was Petrucci:s New era and Petrucci:s old era ,i will try find those notes in my computer in some point. Biggest and hardest thing is then ,that i need then try remember which settings was certain presets. And also some of those settings are hand written in paper for some of Petrucci:s IIC+ rigs ,i need search my lockers to find those also.

I wasn't asking for the actual number settings you used, just what album matches what patch. For Example, "Studio 3" are the settings he used on "Scenes From A Memory", "Album V2" are the settings used on "6DOIT's", etc....

Yeah i understand that question bro ,i will try check and remember those. But i have feeling it will be little bit difficult to remember ,because like i was say there was so many presets what we did shoot. But definitely i will try remember ,and if i remember and find those details i will let you know.

I wasn't asking for the actual number settings you used, just what album matches what patch. For Example, "Studio 3" are the settings he used on "Scenes From A Memory", "Album V2" are the settings used on "6DOIT's", etc....

Yeah i understand that question bro ,i will try check and remember those. But i have feeling it will be little bit difficult to remember ,because like i was say there was so many presets what we did shoot. But definitely i will try remember ,and if i remember and find those details i will let you know.

It's no big deal, I was just curious. :)

One thing I'm thinking you should have done for your own sake Dimebucker is to have temporarily updated your Axe-Fx to the latest firmware and shot a second set of these Tone-Matches. That way if you should ever decide you wanted to move beyond firmware 14.xx, you would still have a set of these tones ready to go, unaltered by the changes made to the firmware and the Amp models.

That's assuming you didn't do that, and that these were created with 14.xx, and not the latest firmware.

No problem bro :encouragement:

Yeah i know that Firmware update ,i maybe someday will update not needed right now. I have our band Demo recordings going on right now ,can`t update Firmwares right now. And also i have not find any issues in this Firmware ,what i have inside Axe FX II right now. Updating Firmware is not necessary right now ,but who knows when that day will come and i update.

Updating Firmware is little bit tricky for me personal ,because i have 98% of Axe FX II presets all kind of TM:s different players albums and LTM amps etc.... I have only one Axe FX II stock preset inside Axe FX II ,all others presets are my TM:s or some heavy tweaking for certain presets whit lots of work. That why its little bit tricky to chance Firmwares ,Output levels feature is only thing what i would want in new Firmwares.

It's no big deal, I was just curious. :)

One thing I'm thinking you should have done for your own sake Dimebucker is to have temporarily updated your Axe-Fx to the latest firmware and shot a second set of these Tone-Matches. That way if you should ever decide you wanted to move beyond firmware 14.xx, you would still have a set of these tones ready to go, unaltered by the changes made to the firmware and the Amp models.

That's assuming you didn't do that, and that these were created with 14.xx, and not the latest firmware.

Back
Top Bottom