Original Mark IV Lead Channel Tone Matching ,tips and tricks are welcome!

A big part of what makes these patches sound so great are the 2 IR's Dimebucker posted, especially the "MB Trad 4x12 V30". That's probably the best sounding user IR I have come across and my new favorite. Even with the Tone-Match block bypassed, these patches still sound great because of them.

Dimebucker, where did these IR's come from? Did you make them yourself or come across them somewhere? They go perfectly with the patches.

Also, and semi-off topic, I downloaded the 4 "Lamb Of God" Tone-Match patches you have up on AxeChange. They all have a Cab block in them that is set to a user cab slot. What user IR(s) is supposed to be used with those patches?

Thanks.

Hey

Hey bro. Yes those IRs works great whit those Mesa IV tone matches ,I was try many IRs to get same tone what I was have backing days. There is lots of good IRs ,but my case those two IRs was perfect to capture that my old tone. Framus 412 V30 was cab what I was use backing days whit original Mark IV and some other Mesa amps ,and that cabinet was beast. That cabinet was very directivity sounding cab ,I always need to stand front of that cab to hear myself. That was only negative side for that cab ,but overall that Framus 412 V30 sounds amazing. And that Framus 412 V30 IR what we have ,sounds amazing too.

And that MB Trad 4x12 V30 is Traditional Boogie cab whit V30 I think ,my ears that sounds very close to original Traditional Boogie cab and its a amazing IR. And you cant go wrong whit Traditional Boogie 412 V30 cab ,its best sounding Mesa cabinet IMO. Those two IRs works great together IMO ,and those was big part nailing my old tone whit Mark IV TM. I was found those IRs in here some dude did collect all free IRs ,and post those here I don't remember that thread bro.

And yeah there is cab block for those LOG TM presets ,i was set that empty to let users to find best IR for those LOG TM presets. I was only put Marks and Willies live settings for my old original Mark IV ,and i tone match those tones for Axe FX II. I think they did use Traditional Boogie 412 V30 cabs in those days ,i was found good results for those MB Trad 4x12 V30 IRs. But i don't remember what IR i was exactly use ,but i was get amazing results. Best starting point is to know what cabs they did use ,and try find same style IR for those LOG TM presets bro.

A big part of what makes these patches sound so great are the 2 IR's Dimebucker posted, especially the "MB Trad 4x12 V30". That's probably the best sounding user IR I have come across and my new favorite. Even with the Tone-Match block bypassed, these patches still sound great because of them.

Dimebucker, where did these IR's come from? Did you make them yourself or come across them somewhere? They go perfectly with the patches.

Also, and semi-off topic, I downloaded the 4 "Lamb Of God" Tone-Match patches you have up on AxeChange. They all have a Cab block in them that is set to a user cab slot. What user IR(s) is supposed to be used with those patches?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Dimebucker. I know the thread you are talking about that had the collection of free IR's.

The "MB Trad 4x12 V30" IR does work really well with those LOG patches, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another great IR you had that was intended to go with them. Great patches, though not as good as your ones in this thread. Definitely usable, great for heavy riffing.

Hey

No problem bro ,nice to hear you did try those presets too. Yeah Lamb of God Willie and Marks have very unique settings ,for those 5-band eq settings for Boogies. They use Settings what you do not see usually whit Mark series amps ,few times I have see some users to use same type 5-band eq settings. Very unique and exotic settings ,and presence is sit very high too. But definitely you can hear their unique sound when listen their live stuff and records ,those boogie tones have very good crawl and nice tone quality. But cabinets/IRs are big part for tones like we have have figured out ,would be nice to remember what IRs I was use because I was nail those live tones very very well. And thanks a lot bro for ,reply and feedback.

Thanks Dimebucker. I know the thread you are talking about that had the collection of free IR's.

The "MB Trad 4x12 V30" IR does work really well with those LOG patches, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another great IR you had that was intended to go with them. Great patches, though not as good as your ones in this thread. Definitely usable, great for heavy riffing.

Back
Top Bottom