Original Mark IV Lead Channel Tone Matching ,tips and tricks are welcome!

Just got home, and this is going pretty damn well. In fact, i've injected that tone match block into all of my mark V presets. It livens things up quite nicely, and definitely feels more amp like dare i say. Interesting that it seems to have quite a peak in what looks like the sub bass region and gently seems to climb in the highs.

I'll post up the preset that I use with it in the morning and see what you think. Yours is actually quite a lot more middy than mine is (slightly different graphic eq setting), but interestingly my preset is dialed in almost exactly the same as yours! haha

Thanks for all your effort, i've been playing riffs from garage inc all night.

Hey

Nice to hear mate that works for you nicely ,and yeah playing good riffs all day long is always fun. And yeah would be nice see ,results for that your preset too bro.

Just got home, and this is going pretty damn well. In fact, i've injected that tone match block into all of my mark V presets. It livens things up quite nicely, and definitely feels more amp like dare i say. Interesting that it seems to have quite a peak in what looks like the sub bass region and gently seems to climb in the highs.

I'll post up the preset that I use with it in the morning and see what you think. Yours is actually quite a lot more middy than mine is (slightly different graphic eq setting), but interestingly my preset is dialed in almost exactly the same as yours! haha

Thanks for all your effort, i've been playing riffs from garage inc all night.

Last edited:
Hey

Here are few more ,these I was use little bit different 5-band eq settings for that Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV amp.

Attachments

• Mesa Boogie Mark IV TM 2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Mesa Boogie Mark IV TM 3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 116
Dimebucker, thank you so much for doing this. These are the best "Mark Boogie" user patches I have ever tried, by far (and I've tried quite a few). These sound pretty much perfect and ready to go on my setup (running my Axe-Fx through 2 Dynaudio Bm5a active studio monitors)" with no tweaking required. That really never happens for me with other people's patches. From the amp settings, to the cab IRs, to the parametric eq, everything just sounds "right".

I've been hoping someone would do an amp match of a real Mark Boogie (IIc+, III, or IV) ever since those Mark V amp match patches were posted almost 2 years ago in that other thread - So please keep them coming (if possible).:) One idea I had (if you haven't tried this already) was to Tone-Match the amp with the same basic settings, but with the on-board eq set flat (the USA Lead amp sim's eq would be set flat too). That way the Mesa "Classic V" eq curve wouldn't be "baked" into the Tone-Match block and could be set after on the amp sim. In theory, the amp sim's eq faders would sound closer to the real amp's when set to various positions, and not just the "Classic V".

Just an idea, thanks again. :)

Last edited:
tried one V1 last night. sounded pretty good (I was using a jackson SL2 soloist with a JB in the bridge)
I'll try V2 and V3 tomorrow night with a couple of my guitars (especially my 7's)

Hey

Thanks bro very nice to hear ,that you like those presets. And nice to hear you will put those ,in your setup that's sound amazing. Yeah real amp matching whit Axe FX II Live tone matching feature in engage ,is very accurate and powerful feature. And my destiny was get my old tone for Axe FX II ,and now I have that im so happy for that too. And im happy to share those for all ,there are not so many original amp tone matching presets. Hey that your request would be amazing to do ,but sadly i don't have that amp in my hands anymore. It was my old Mesa Boogie Mark IV head ,and i was sold that for one dude. And he was very nice and borrow that my old amp ,for few days that i can tone match that amp for Axe FX II.

Dimebucker, thank you so much for doing this. These are the best "Mark Boogie" user patches I have ever tried, by far (and I've tried quite a few). These sound pretty much perfect and ready to go on my setup (running my Axe-Fx through 2 Dynaudio Bm5a active studio monitors)" with no tweaking required. That really never happens for me with other people's patches. From the amp settings, to the cab IRs, to the parametric eq, everything just sounds "right".

I've been hoping someone would do an amp match of a real Mark Boogie (IIc+, III, or IV) ever since those Mark V amp match patches were posted almost 2 years ago in that other thread - So please keep them coming (if possible).:) One idea I had (if you haven't tried this already) was to Tone-Match the amp with the same basic settings, but with the on-board eq set flat (the USA Lead amp sim's eq would be set flat too). That way the Mesa "Classic V" eq curve wouldn't be "baked" into the Tone-Match block and could be set after on the amp sim. In theory, the amp sim's eq faders would sound closer to the real amp's when set to various positions, and not just the "Classic V".

Just an idea, thanks again. :)

Hey

Nice news bro ,and very nice to hear that those works for you. JB is very close to pickup what i use ,and Jackson soloist are amazing guitars too. Yeah test those V2 and V3 presets too ,they have little bit different tone. I was only use different 5-band eq settings ,for that Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV amp for those two V1 and V2.

tried one V1 last night. sounded pretty good (I was using a jackson SL2 soloist with a JB in the bridge)
I'll try V2 and V3 tomorrow night with a couple of my guitars (especially my 7's)

Hey man,
You sir, have done a wonderful job!
Thanks for posting this. I shared a link to this in another (shred) thread before I even thanked you..... I hope you forgive me.
As I said in the thread it takes me back to my MKIV... which was an awesome amp, and I sometimes wish I still owned it...
But with an awesome TM like this ... I still wish I owned it, but slightly less! (you know what i mean)

Cheers dude, and rock on!

Hey

Thanks a lot bro. And no problem if you did shared this link for ,that (shred) thread too mate. Cheers ,and rock on there too bro.

Hey man,
You sir, have done a wonderful job!
Thanks for posting this. I shared a link to this in another (shred) thread before I even thanked you..... I hope you forgive me.
As I said in the thread it takes me back to my MKIV... which was an awesome amp, and I sometimes wish I still owned it...
But with an awesome TM like this ... I still wish I owned it, but slightly less! (you know what i mean)

Cheers dude, and rock on!

Last edited:
Dimebucker - I can't send you anymore private messages because it says your stored space is full. Please delete some of your old messages and make space so I can PM you.

Let me know when I can, thanks.

Hey

Okey bro ,now I have more space for private messages.

Dimebucker - I can't send you anymore private messages because it says your stored space is full. Please delete some of your old messages and make space so I can PM you.

Let me know when I can, thanks.

I can't get the presets to work in my new xl model. Can you guys help me out. Cant figure it out. Tried to import the cabs but somehow it doesn't work. :)

Back
Top Bottom