Original Mark IV Lead Channel Tone Matching ,tips and tricks are welcome!

Dimebucker

Experienced
Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV Lead Channel Tone Matching ,for Axe FX II!

Hey

I will tone matching original Mesa Boogie Mark IV lead channel next week ,and need little bit help. And i want only tone matching amp not a cabinet ,to get pure tone for that Mesa Boogie Mark IV. And i will tone matching my old settings for that amp ,and Lamb of God Metallica Petrucci settings too. Here are some questions ,what I need to know.

-How I must connect that Mesa Boogie Mark IV to Axe FX II ,Mesa Boogie Mark IV slave out to Axe FX II input and guitar to Mesa Boogie Mark IV input?

-Cliff was say there is offline and live tone matching feature ,is that live better and more accurate?

-How loud I must set that slave out volume ,if i use that low or high?

-How about Axe FX II signal chain ,do i need only put Mesa Boogie Mark IV amp block and tone matching block after that?

-Do i must play big chords or just palm muting ,to get more accurate tone matching presets?

UPDATE

I have done already that Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV amp ,tone matching process.

And thanks for Morphosis ,for help and advice tips to tone matching that amp.

Here is one quick test for that tone matching preset ,link is below!

Update

Rest Live Tone Matched amps links!

Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...k-iic-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94964/

Mesa Boogie Triaxis
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...iaxis-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94280/

ADA MP-1
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/original-ada-mp-1-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94716/

Soldano SLO100 -88
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ne-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.96547/#post-1158059

UPDATE

Now there is that one preset ,its same like that tone clip have. Remember these i was use in that tone ,for those two IRs you need to add stereo cab after tone matching block. And put those IRs there ,left IR was Framus 412 V30 and right IRs was Mesa Boogie 412 V30 Trad. And i was use panning for those L -50% and R +50%. And link mode was engage ,for that cabinet block. And you can try different IRs there too ,and find what works best for you. And last in chain is parametric eq ,you can shut that down if you like to hear raw version for that preamp and poweramp mesa boogie mark iv amp. I was use that parametric eq only for ,refine those two IRs close my original cabinet. And like i was say ,its now exactly same tone what i was have in backing days for Original Mark IV.

Attachments

• Mesa Boogie Mark IV TM 1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 382
  • MB Trad 4x12 V30 57 08.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 486
  • Alu Framus 4x12 V30 57 01.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Cliff was supposed to have filmed some new updated videos outlining the TM process, but haven't seen them posted up yet. I hope they post them soon as I'm also looking for some guidance in this area as well. Can't wait to hear what your results are. :)

Hey

I have already done that tone matching for that Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV amps ,and I must say I enjoy very much for those presets. Very good response and attack ,sounds like I have original amp next to me. That live feature for tone matching real amp ,was very accurate btw.

Cliff was supposed to have filmed some new updated videos outlining the TM process, but haven't seen them posted up yet. I hope they post them soon as I'm also looking for some guidance in this area as well. Can't wait to hear what your results are. :)

That sounds really damn good. I dont suppose you have the preset for this one dude? Wouldn't mind a look! Very smooth, great effort. Has the real amp "squish"

Last edited:
Hey

Thanks mate ,wonderful words. Yeah it sounds exactly same ,like it was sound live whit that original amp. My destiny whit that tone matching process was ,get that 5-band eq settings exactly same like i was have early days for original Mark IV amp. Axes Mesa 5-band eq was me to very difficult to nail ,those settings what i was use whit real Mark IV. But like i was say now i have that Axes Mesa Boogie Mark IV sounds exactly ,like those old days whit original Mark IV. And yeah i have that Mesa Boogie Mark IV preset ,i will share that soon.

That sounds really damn good. I dont suppose you have the preset for this one dude? Wouldn't mind a look! Very smooth, great effort. Has the real amp "squish"

Last edited:
Awesome tone dude!
One thing I wonder about is that whether you are using a boost or eq pedal before the amp model? I can never get the low end that tight :(

Awesome tone dude!
One thing I wonder about is that whether you are using a boost or eq pedal before the amp model? I can never get the low end that tight :(

Use an 808 in front of the amp. Always tightens up the bottom end and a adds chunky mid boost.

You can get the mark to sound this gainy and tight without using a boost, it's all down to cranking the gain, treble, low bass and correctly setting the 5 band. I've really gone off adding tube screamers lately as whilst they tighten the low end up, they impart a real nastiness in the mid range. It might just be the software one though that sounds like it's got its mids stuck. I don't remember the real one being quite as 'static'

Hey i have now that preset and IRs whit my computer ,need now to find to way put those here. Lets hope i can add those soon.

Hey

Thanks mate. I was not use any boost before amp ,that tone matching to original mesa boogie mark iv is pure tone for that amp. Preamp and poweramp sections for that real amp ,tone matching to axe fx II.

Awesome tone dude!

Hey

I have already done that tone matching for that Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV amps ,and I must say I enjoy very much for those presets. Very good response and attack ,sounds like I have original amp next to me. That live feature for tone matching real amp ,was very accurate btw.

People underestimate live Tone Matching. It's very accurate but it takes some know-how to use it properly. I really need to do a video. It's on my to-do list.

Hey

Yeah that Live Tone Matching feature is very accurate ,that video would be amazing to have for sure.

People underestimate live Tone Matching. It's very accurate but it takes some know-how to use it properly. I really need to do a video. It's on my to-do list.

Awsome preset Dimebucker . I tried it out sounds very good ! and the cabs too.
Should work great for some Lamb Of God + Thrash Metal \M/
thanks - VBM

Nice going to try this tonight , what guitar /pickups did you use?
I've been on the fence about buying another Mark IV :)

Hey

Thanks mate. Guitar was Dean ML79 mahogany body and neck ,whit Seymour Duncan SH-13 passive pickup in bridge.

Nice going to try this tonight , what guitar /pickups did you use?
I've been on the fence about buying another Mark IV :)

Back
Top Bottom