Organizing presets using axe-edit 1_0_191

I am trying to rebuild my library of presets on my Ultra. A battery issues caused everything to get wiped.
I have managed to restore the "factory banks" but I had made some changes by substituting presets I did not like with custom presets.
Years ago I was able to use the OLDER exe-edit software (maybe it had a preset manager, I dunno) to put whatever preset I wanted into whatever bank/location on the Ultra.

I tried to do that last night using the new axe-edit 1_0_191 version, but I was unable to access anything other than positions 001 thru 004 (I was playing in Bank A). I wanted to take a preset and put it into position 071 in bank A, but I could not figure out how to do this.

I do not want to just copy randomly , I want to select what presets I swap out, while keeping the ones I like.

This must be possible, I am sure. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Andy

Great! I just found... https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-Getting-Started-Guide.pdf

it mentions using the yellow up and down arrows to select preset. I tried this. I think I was trying it on the axe-fx side and not the pc/bank/file side. Couldn't get it to work. Could not get anywhere beyond locations 000 thru 0004 . Will try again...

After spending some time I managed to sync and backup banks A B and C from Axe-fx ultra to pc hard drive.
HOWEVER... it seems the guide I am looking at
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-Getting-Started-Guide.pdf

I just discovered this guide is for axe-edit 3 !!!!!
is NOT WRITTEN for the axe-edit software I am using! 1_0_191 !!!
on page 13 it mentions to "open Settings|Preferences and select the Axe-‐Fx II in and out MIDI ports. You should see a green “check” next to each port selection. "

This is not what the software axe edit I am using allows. This guide seems to be for a completely different software version!!!

I am still unable to discover HOW to move a preset from my pc/hard drive to a specific location on the Axe-fx Ultra.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
In Axe-Edit: Recall > Import From Preset File on your pc. Then push store button on your Axe Fx, and save to number location, that you need. Sorry for my bad English:)

Back
Top Bottom