ordered one day too early

Status
Not open for further replies.
One should never fret over missed opportunities, theres always going to be some we miss, for what its worth you can speak to the sales team at fractal if it works out great if not , no biggie.

I hear you and like I said, I understand OP's frustration, but still, what does he expect by coming to the company's forum and publicly expressing this?
I imagine commiseration, an idea of if there's any point in trying to broach the subject, best method of doing so. Perhaps an indication to the manufacturer that in future it'd be nice to think about people affected?

But if the company plans to send a message about the price decrease on the day before the actual decrease, would it then be sensible to inform customers about that planned mail on the day before the day of that mail which is a day before the actual price decrease?

And knowing that, would it then be sensible to inform customers about that on the day before the day before the day of that mail which is a day before the actual price decrease?

Well, as someone who works in sales, I wouldn't be happy to sell a high priced item to a customer one day before a planned price reduction because I would fully expect said customer to be coming back asking me why I didn't tell them this was about to happen, plus every customer I've ever dealt with has been very appreciative of this type of gesture. Goodwill goes a long way towards future sales.

It wouldn't be reasonable to inform customers over longer periods of time, that there would be a price decrease, but one day? come on, there has to be a common sense approach. You can be sure most sales people will tell you when there is going to be a price increase, so they can expedite a sale.

I'm not bashing Fractal, I'm just offering my perspective as someone who runs a business and deals with issues like this.

I imagine commiseration, an idea of if there's any point in trying to broach the subject, best method of doing so. Perhaps an indication to the manufacturer that in future it'd be nice to think about people affected?
Thankfully, I'm not sitting on the manufacturer's side because I'd simply ignore this kind of public mannerism. I prefer not to be forced either directly or indirectly.

Last edited:
Wwhenever I see ON SALE I think the product was marked up in first place. I don't understand the ON SALE thing. Sorry!

Well, as someone who works in sales, I wouldn't be happy to sell a high priced item to a customer one day before a planned price reduction because I would fully expect said customer to be coming back asking me why I didn't tell them this was about to happen, plus every customer I've ever dealt with has been very appreciative of this type of gesture. Goodwill goes a long way towards future sales.

It wouldn't be reasonable to inform customers over longer periods of time, that there would be a price decrease, but one day? come on, there has to be a common sense approach. You can be sure most sales people will tell you when there is going to be a price increase, so they can expedite a sale.

I'm not bashing Fractal, I'm just offering my perspective as someone who runs a business and deals with issues like this.
I also work in sales and think that if a customer of mine has any issues (be it pricing, discounts or anything else), I'd appreciate them to contact me privately first and work something out that way. These public statements almost feel like forcing the company into acts of goodwill because if they don't do so then they'll be viewed by many as cold and heartless towards the poor customer...
Would you, as a person working in sales and running a business appreciate if a customer gave your company an obviously whiny public review on Google without ever reaching out to you to discuss what it's about?

If the unit turns out to be great, I would think about the extra $100 spent as a tip (a gratitude) for the developers. Then I wouldn’t feel bad for paying that extra $100!

You would have to be feeling particularly generous to be thinking that. I think I would prefer to be the guy who gets the same great unit but for $100 dollars less haha

Wwhenever I see ON SALE I think the product was marked up in first place. I don't understand the ON SALE thing. Sorry!
Everything is marked up, but obviously many companies mark up by an amount that can be reduced later if necessary for boosting sales, moving the inventory quicker etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom