ordered one day too early

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys this subject needs to end. Everything is cool. it was just me saying ugg.. now worries. lets go back to real subject matters like patches and other interesting sh*t. Fractal is great and I would buy off of them again. agree?
Believe me I totally get venting. Check out my posts on the UAD forum and I’m 5 figures into them and keep buying anyway.

Why people post threads like this before even reaching out to the company first is beyond me. Complaining about it here isn’t going to magically put $100 back into your pocket. Enjoy your new amazing piece of gear.

I sold mine just yesterday. Freeing up some extra cash before house shopping.

Planning to buy another Axe3 later, but I'll be in Delaware instead of NJ and no sales tax. But thinking things over too, I have a good head and cab maybe one of the other options like the FM3 will do. But deep down I know it's going to be the new Axe 3 Turbo

I'd say 100 bucks is worth an "uuuugh" but what can you do? Its not apple stock or bitcoin, not like you're really losing any value or looking to trade it tomorrow. Fractal is easily the most giving company in terms of updates and product expansion, probably by triple. I know of no other company even close in this industry in terms of what you get after the sale. To really put this in perspective, the gear modeled is probably worth a half of a million dollars. Close sounding would be 80-90% of the real thing. Eeeeeeeh sounding is maybe 25-50% so even on the low end, you're saving what, 90% of the cost of amassing all that gear? In the grand scheme of things, you'll spend over 100 bucks in racking and cabling, easy.

So chill. Have fun and enjoy your purchase. Cook at home a few nights and you've made up the money already. Cut out Starbucks for a month, or forever. You'd be shocked at the savings there.
Cut out Starbucks haha Never!

Why people post threads like this before even reaching out to the company first is beyond me. Complaining about it here isn’t going to magically put $100 back into your pocket. Enjoy your new amazing piece of gear.
What did I say? Did you even read my posts. all I said was uggg... nothing more.. I even gave Fractal Audio a compliment. Maybe you should start learning how to read before you throw darts at me there pal

Last edited:
I mean I just bought a J-45 a handful of days before they hiked the prices $200, Gibson isn't calling me about the difference. I guess it can't hurt to call Fractal about it but unless there's a price guarantee would reasonably expect a no

Seems weird that the reaction to someone saying "uggggh, they dropped the price the day after I bought it" is EAT IT, SUCK IT UP, YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL.

Like, that just doesn't seem particularly empathetic, kind, or community minded. The guy didn't say anything bad about Fractal or the unit, but it seems like people go into full-on defence mode anyway.

The frustration I get but its not like they dropped the price by 1k. 100 bucks is somebody's 15-day Starbucks indulgence as we've just learnt recently :D

The frustration I get but its not like they dropped the price by 1k. 100 bucks is somebody's 15-day Starbucks indulgence as we've just learnt recently :D
The $100 is more or less important to different people, at a guess. Some people will buy a new Axe Fx as soon as a new model is announced, some can't and have to save. Maybe it took an extra month of saving to get there. Some musicians will spend on a new guitar while there's a hole in their shoe. It's not hard to imagine how someone could feel caught out by this and in almost every other circumstance, people would side with the customer over the seller.

The $100 is more or less important to different people, at a guess. Some people will buy a new Axe Fx as soon as a new model is announced, some can't and have to save. Maybe it took an extra month of saving to get there. Some musicians will spend on a new guitar while there's a hole in their shoe. It's not hard to imagine how someone could feel caught out by this and in almost every other circumstance, people would side with the customer over the seller.
Let's not kid ourselves. This is top of the line guitar gear that's found in the rig of famous and pro musicians, huge studios and the sort. It's not cheap practice stuff or a common tube amp either. If you're ready to spend over 2k USD (or in my case, closer to 3k EUR which is an even higher price of admission) you're either really into guitar playing and saving up a lot or you're already well off financially or making money from playing music. In any of these cases, $100 is not going to make a real difference. And to keep it real, $100 is 5% of $2000...

I think we all get what the guy is saying and we've all been there, but in perspective we're really talking about a little over a 4% price drop. I'm not a super-wealthy guy and 100 bucks is 100 bucks for sure, but compared to what's happening with almost everything else right now, car and housing etc, it's just another thing - for example, Carvana people just paid me almost $14k for a 2013 Sonata that in normal times might get me $7k-$8k, and presumably someone's going to pay an insane $16k to buy it from them. At work we're spending $17k to import containers that were $6k 18 months ago. Houses in the area my wife and I are shopping that were $350k a year ago are being listed in the 400-450k range, and all signs say it's going to get worse for a while too. That Fractal is finding room to drop prices is a welcome sign.

May be better to not think of like you paid $100 more but that the next get is getting a break at $100 less. We've been that next guy too and who can't use a break? I can tell you I can't even remember what I paid for the Mark I but it felt like a lot and in the end I felt it was worth every penny. Got very decent resale and at less than 24 hours without it I already miss it.

Let's not kid ourselves. This is top of the line guitar gear that's found in the rig of famous and pro musicians, huge studios and the sort. It's not cheap practice stuff or a common tube amp either. If you're ready to spend over 2k USD (or in my case, closer to 3k EUR which is an even higher price of admission) you're either really into guitar playing and saving up a lot or you're already well off financially or making money from playing music. In any of these cases, $100 is not going to make a real difference. And to keep it real, $100 is 5% of $2000...

I bought mine in the EU too, and would have welcomed a 5% discount. I'm not a famous musician, or a pro, don't have a huge studio. I'm really into guitar playing, but it doesn't mean I have an infinite amount of money for it.

For 5% I could have taken my girlfriend out to dinner, paid a bill, whatever else.

Like I said, pretty much anywhere else, people would side with the customer, but here, people just aren't friendly.

I don't know why people are so weirdly defensive about their guitar preamp that they can't stand anything that might be negative to be anywhere near it. It makes me think that if I ever have a problem or want to ask a question that the responses I'll get will be "Spend more money!" or just some sort of attempt to blame me.

Last edited:
Having said all that I do think wondering aloud about it in the manufacturers forum probably isn't the best way to answer the actual question, just call or email Fractal to do that. Same with any service or other issue.

Like I said, pretty much anywhere else, people would side with the customer, but here, people just aren't friendly.

I don't know why people are so weirdly defensive about their guitar preamp that they can't stand anything that might be negative to be anywhere near it. It makes me think that if I ever have a problem or want to ask a question that the responses I'll get will be "Spend more money!" or just some sort of attempt to blame me.
I hear you and like I said, I understand OP's frustration, but still, what does he expect by coming to the company's forum and publicly expressing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom