Ordered and expecting on Monday!

DrDeaf

Hi All,

Like a little boy before his birthday, I'm anxious! :)

I ordered my Axe Fx II at G66, together with a Matrix GT1000.
I also ordered a Little giant by Gordius.
I will be using my 2x12 V30 Cab for the time being, as you can understand from the ordered items funds are running dry ;)
But I'm very interested in FRFR for future use.

Graduated the Rotterdam conservatory in the Netherlands at one point in time, but never "went for it" in a proffesional sense.
I make and always made a good salary as an "IT-geek" to give that up for professional musicianship. no regrets there.
But my education in music does mean have developed some skill and "ears". The axe is my first step into the moddeling realm.
I've always been a tube guy. Marshalls mainly. PODs and whatnot never cut it for me
Currently using a JVM410H with a TC g-system. A nice setup. G system gets a little dated, so it was time to move on.
The Axe FX is the first modeling I dare to buy. Im looking for a simple (in terms of amount of gear) and lightweight solution, but with good sound.
I hope and think I will have a nice rig going with th AFX and the Matrix.

This forum has helped me alot so far....so I guess it will help me even more once I get the AFx in my possession!

Thanks to you all!

Kind Regards!

There is a slight learning curve with the Gordius but in the end it can do pretty much everything the MFC-101 is able to and a whole lot more.

If you have some skill's into making a cab there's plenty of DIY stuff on the net regarding frfr builds. Many coax drivers are very cheap (also those used in many branded wedges or cabs).

That is interesting, I'm wondering if fitting a coax into a 1x12 cab is going to get a good result.
I know there is more to FRFR than just the drive, but then again non of the FRFR speaker solutions sound the same. They are all more or less FRFR.

Anyone tried that? Using a coax in a guitar cab to get colser to FRFR? FRFR on a budget so to say ;)

Your story sounds like mine! Enjoy your new AxeFX. Definitely leave the cab and mic sims off while you're using the V30 cabinet.

The AxeFX 2 is really the best of both worlds. You get the flexibility of a digital system along with the organic tone of a vintage tube amp.

Back
Top Bottom