Ordered an Axe Fx 3 last night. This morning I destroyed a Adam A7x Monitor! Dang!

oh yeah - you’re gonna love them!
thanks
pauly

Great replies, thanks!

I'm cancelling the order on the Adams and ordering Dynaudio LYD 48 3-way powered studio monitors instead. I think this should cheer me up a bit, eh?!

I'm looking at a sturdier set of stands for these. Now I'm paranoid - lesson learned!

Reactions: J-C
Did you check the fuse on your monitor? They tend to want to crack, give sparks and blow when dropped.
Turn off and unplug. Place a flathead screwdriver in the notch under the power jack and pop out the fuse holder. You may or may not have a spare there. Inspect the possible blown or damaged fuse, for cracks and test to see if blown. If blown, check to see what the rating is. I think it is 5 amp slow blow. Replace it, plug it in and power up. Worth a try.

It no longer powers up and it is dead to the world.
Bummer! I know that feel, bro.
I lost my AxeFX3's USB port Wednesday morning, from a lightning strike just outside my window.

Long story short, I just ordered/financed through Sweetwater a pair of Adam A8x monitors. Hope they sound good with the Axe Fx 3. I don't have a treated room, or plan to make super accurate recordings. I just want things to sound good for 80's metal in my bedroom.

Sweet! Things are looking up! I am sure they will sound good. I got notice my replacement AxeFX3 shipped today.

Oh yeah my girlfriend also broke up with me this morning. Not a good day so far for JC - LoL!
The relevant Henny Youngman quote: "Take my wife. Please!" 😁

Oh, BTW, you can use that remaining 7 as a center dry speaker in a wet/dry/wet setup....

Last edited:
Mate - Not only do you have an Axe FX III, and new speakers coming.... You'll have time to play with them with no interruptions! A great day for the start of your new life :)
Thanks
Pauly
This right here! Love the gf do death, but seems like I barely have 'me time' anymore! I often times have to wait till she's gone or asleep to have axe fx iii time! So this is indeed a blessing given that you have all these new toys coming in!

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

A new III, and a new pair of monitors and now time to learn how to use the III!

Enjoy this season! ;)

Fuck that bitch. Exact as much vengeance as you can, and offer no mercy. Why be sad when you can get laid by some new strange? You got endless possibilities with your guitar and your whip, so enjoy my friend. You’re freer than most of us my friend.

New fuse did not fix the A7x, took woofer out and had a look inside, nothing looked out of place.

So I'll put the remaining A7x on Ebay and put the money I get towards a FC-6.

Problem solved, life is good.

Back
Top Bottom