Orange + Marshall is a Great Strat Combination

Gamedojo

Power User
I usually find the Orange amps to be stuffy and woolly and hard to get good tone out of....

..but today I combined it with my favorite plexi amp and found great results.

Whats important here is that I'm only using one IR capture from Cab Pack #8 and its the SM57 C1 Ace. Usually I have to pair it with a R121 to balance it out, but the warm wooly Orange took care of that spectrum of the tone.

PATCH DOWNLOAD if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler
Thank you for sharing this preset!
Can you please tell me at what level is your output 1? 12 o'clock ish or less?
As I am wondering if I am doing something wrong as I always need to turn the volume in your presets down like 10-12db.
Thanks again!
Greg

Yes, sorry. My main ouput is dropped to max so that it helps keep my AxeFx from overloading both the main board and ear monitor boards. This means, my patches, without the output drop, will clilp. Just turn both amp's level down about
6-9dB.

Tyler
Thank you for sharing this preset!
Can you please tell me at what level is your output 1? 12 o'clock ish or less?
As I am wondering if I am doing something wrong as I always need to turn the volume in your presets down like 10-12db.
Thanks again!
Greg

Thank you for the clarification. I just bought a fender strat 62 reissue yesterday (1st real strat although its made in Japan) and this preset IS KILLER as well as the Bassman you shared the other day. I love your clips. Thanks again, your presets are always top notch and now through my setup they sound like the clips you post.
;)

Unfortunately,

A) I've never owned an Alder strat
B) My current favorite are stock 1973 pickups in the guitar played above...

But as for any custom pickups? Don Mare really gets my goat.

Tyler out of curiosity, can you tell me what pickups you prefer on a strat with an alder body?
Greg

Amazing clip Tyler as always!

Damn that C speaker in Cab Pack 8 really must've had some magic mojo in it. I'll have to examine it further one day. :)

Back
Top Bottom