Options: Connecting an overdrive pedal into Axe Fx

Lumos

To preface, I will be linking the preset I am having issues with.

This may be really simple, but I'm trying to connect my Reaper Pandemonium Overdrive pedal into the front of the axe fx, but I was trying to do it through what the manual says, which is to use output 3 and input 3 (and I've turned the output 3 level knob to noon, idk if I'm supposed to do that). I can connect it through input 1, but it boosts the signal into the red (and i've tried adjusting the input level knob through the I/O menu). Any help would be greatly appreciated! I feel like it's either the connection with the output/input 3 blocks, or even with the send/return blocks I put in the layout, but I'm honestly not sure.

EdIt: So I just turned the return level knob on the return block to 100% and the signal went through and it sounds fine. But if there's an easier method or another one you guys' use, please let me know!

Edit 2: Also, for the output 3 level knob on the front, do I turn that to 100%? cause when left at noon, my heavier presets have less gain.

Attachments

• Existential Tones with Reaper.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Output 3 @100% is Unity Gain for topologies like this. Sounds to me like you are doing this properly. I didn't download the preset. Return block does need to typically be at 100% if you are trying to extend the layout etc. It defaults to 20%(?) because you can easily create feedback loops with this block. Imagine if you actually fed the return block back into the original sources, etc.

To preface, I will be linking the preset I am having issues with.

This may be really simple, but I'm trying to connect my Reaper Pandemonium Overdrive pedal into the front of the axe fx, but I was trying to do it through what the manual says, which is to use output 3 and input 3 (and I've turned the output 3 level knob to noon, idk if I'm supposed to do that). I can connect it through input 1, but it boosts the signal into the red (and i've tried adjusting the input level knob through the I/O menu). Any help would be greatly appreciated! I feel like it's either the connection with the output/input 3 blocks, or even with the send/return blocks I put in the layout, but I'm honestly not sure.

EdIt: So I just turned the return level knob on the return block to 100% and the signal went through and it sounds fine. But if there's an easier method or another one you guys' use, please let me know!

Edit 2: Also, for the output 3 level knob on the front, do I turn that to 100%? cause when left at noon, my heavier presets have less gain.

the advantage of the out/in 3 loop is that you can take it in and out of the signal path more easily. you should have the output volume on the front panel at 100%, and make sure to turn the level on the “in 3” block up (the “return” block is a different thing)

Back
Top Bottom