Wish Option to show model name in FC label

You can name them whatever you want, using up to 10 characters, in the "Mini-Display Label". Select "Custom" from the drop down menu in the window.

That doesn't really work across channel changes, etc
Channel/scene changes are exactly the point! You can give a switch a custom label, but it's the same in every scene and on every channel.

When I switch to a scene, I want to see the currently active block model names on each switch. Say there are two drives. It matters to me which switch has the FET Boost in this scene, vs the M-Zone.

If you could customize switch labels per block channel, that'd be great too, it's just more storage.

Re label length, there are already default labels that get truncated. It's not great, but it's a physical limitation of the hardware displays, not getting improved soon. Custom labels per block channel would help, a lot.

It’s common to scroll text to a resting, truncated state. Always so many neigh sayers to reasonable requests worth at least considering. I’m sure Fractal can nix it if they want to, on their own.
Did I nix anything?

I keep forgetting one can’t say anything in a wish thread.

Did I nix anything?

I keep forgetting one can’t say anything in a wish thread.
Naw man, if your intent was to help refine an idea, excellent. It sounded like you were just casually weighing it down with words that suggested the idea impractical. Sorry to react harshly in the moment.

Custom labels per block channel would help, a lot.
Agree with this. I'd like to be able to see which amp or drive I'm using.

If the system could do it automatically, that's great too, but sometimes the first 10 digits would be the same across many models, and being able to customize the name would be more practical - i.e. all the Friedman's would just say "Friedman B" or "Friedman H" vs being able to use custom names like "BE C45" "BE V2" "HBE V1 FAT" etc

The problem is layouts are global. If you want to name something different in a scene you can use a per preset override or do what I do and build a per preset layout for each preset.

The problem is layouts are global. If you want to name something different in a scene you can use a per preset override or do what I do and build a per preset layout for each preset.
What are you trying to say? If this wish is implemented then the labels would apply globally...

Maybe you were replying to someone but you didn't quote anything in your reply.

Ok, then I definitely don't understand your reply. :)

How does a layout being global relate to the wish?
If I understand the OP. He wants to name a switch per preset and not have that switch display the same name across presets as it does using any layout except the per preset layout.

If I understand the OP. He wants to name a switch per preset and not have that switch display the same name across presets as it does using any layout except the per preset layout.
You are not understanding this wish...

It has nothing to do with per-preset.

He wants an option on switches that change channels so that they show the effect for the channel.

Such as if there's a switch that changes Drive channels between a T808 and an RCB the label will (dynamically) show those names.

You are not understanding this wish...

It has nothing to do with per-preset.

He wants an option on switches that change channels so that they show the effect for the channel.

Such as if there's a switch that changes Drive channels between a T808 and an RCB the label will (dynamically) show those names.
Got it.

Back
Top Bottom