Option to re-purpose 'Hold' as a second 'Tap' function?

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
It could come in handy for doing two 'Tap' functions with one press.
A few examples............
  1. Turn any two effects on/off at the same time (without needing a Control Switch)
  2. Toggle/alternate between any two effects at the same time
  3. Switch Channels of any two effects at the same time
  4. Use it like 'Layout Links', but for almost any other function. (Ex. select a scene and switch 'Views')
  5. Turn on/off an effect and a Control Switch at the same time
  6. Send a Control Switch midi command in conjunction with another function
  7. Etc.........
Tap 2.png

Last edited:
I brought this idea up to the beta team a while ago for changing Scenes at the same time as Loop record or play. I think we need a good amount of support from users to see this happen. It definitely can create confusion but would be a great option.

I brought this idea up during testing a while ago for changing Scenes at the same time as Loop record or play.
That is the exact situation that sparked this thought. I have been waiting for the Looper commands (mainly Play and Record) to be opened to modifiers, like the other platforms.

That is the exact situation that sparked this thought. I have been waiting for the Looper commands (mainly Play and Record) to be opened to modifiers, like the other platforms.
I personally don’t want to use modifiers but that is an option. I like controls to be as “free” as possible.

In my setup, I’d have a regular Rec and Play with no hold function, then a 2nd Play switch with the “2nd tap” option that toggles between S1 and S2, for example. Close the loop and play with Play2 and I change to lead, stop the loop with Play2 and I change to clean. I want the regular Rec and Play available for times I don’t want to change scenes.

I personally don’t want to use modifiers but that is an option. I like controls to be as “free” as possible.

In my setup, I’d have a regular Rec and Play with no hold function, then a 2nd Play switch with the “2nd tap” option that toggles between S1 and S2, for example. Close the loop and play with Play2 and I change to lead, stop the loop with Play2 and I change to clean. I want the regular Rec and Play available for times I don’t want to change scenes.
Making modifiers available would actually introduce more "freedom."

Making modifiers available would actually introduce more "freedom."
Can I use the Looper play button as normal if it’s connected to a modifier? I thought We couldn’t. That’s the sort of “freedom” I was referring to.

Can I use the Looper play button as normal if it’s connected to a modifier? I thought We couldn’t. That’s the sort of “freedom” I was referring to.
You can bypass a block with an FC footswitch, but you can still attach the Bypass parameter to a modifier.

That's always been true with any parameter that is attached to a modifier. If you want to use it 'freely', then don't attach a modifier to it. This would be an 'option'. One that existed in all of the other platforms. But not what the OP was about, back on track.....

The wish in the OP would make this possible a different way. As well as many other really cool 'options'.

You could make it more generic and say any array of actions could be assigned to tap or hold instead of a single action. This would allow this to happen for more than two things, and still leave hold available for assignment.

Helix does this, letting you assign multiple things to the same switch and it toggles them all when pressed. One gotcha is that if you have Drive and Delay on the same switch to turn them both on for a lead sound, then switch to a snapshot which turns one drive on suddenly your switch would turn drive off and delay on, since it just sends the toggle signal to all attached effects.

Back
Top Bottom