Implemented Option to make a block scene-independent

Channel independency would be good too e.g. not just ABCD but 0ADCD...
Then if you set a channel on a block to 0 it wouldn't change from current channel on that block when changing scene.
Channels are set/changed by FC-12 foot switch and scene independent.
Useful to set a synth say to a note for a song by channel and it remain no matter what scene clean, lead etc. is used.
Different synth notes channel for different songs etc.
More channels for this would be useful too.

+1 for this.

Simple use:
Scene 1 = amp
Scene 2 = OD + amp

Im playing scene 1 with a delay engaged, switch to 2 for the overdrive now my delay is off.

I know I could map the drive to a footswitch, but then I cant level the clean and OD sound (especially for boosting the preamp). So then I have to use a Control Switch mapped to the drive and an additional filter block to balance the level. But then what if I want to use another drive you can see how this would get complicated.
Having effects bypass state not change with scenes along with retaining the channel is a much needed feature.

FYI the Helix has this.

Bump for +1.

Put a pitch block at the start of a path so I could change tuning for a song at a jam. But realized that engaging the pitch only holds true for each scene independantly. In order to turn it on for a song I have to go to all 8 scenes and engage it, then go back to all 8 and bypass it again after. If we could flag certain block as scene independant it would allow some more flexibility for certain uses.

Bump for +1.

Put a pitch block at the start of a path so I could change tuning for a song at a jam. But realized that engaging the pitch only holds true for each scene independantly. In order to turn it on for a song I have to go to all 8 scenes and engage it, then go back to all 8 and bypass it again after. If we could flag certain block as scene independant it would allow some more flexibility for certain uses.
You can use a Control Switch for this...

You can use a Control Switch for this...
Good call, I wasn't aware of this, thanks.

I got it hooked up to the bypass state of my Pitch block, and assigned to a PP FC function. But obviously can't manually toggle the bypass state anymore. I'm having trouble finding a way to switch the control switch state without plugging in my FC (I usually only use it for live playing, and use axe edit or the screen at home). Any idea where I'm forgetting to look for that?

Good call, I wasn't aware of this, thanks.

I got it hooked up to the bypass state of my Pitch block, and assigned to a PP FC function. But obviously can't manually toggle the bypass state anymore. I'm having trouble finding a way to switch the control switch state without plugging in my FC (I usually only use it for live playing, and use axe edit or the screen at home). Any idea where I'm forgetting to look for that?
I don't think you can...

If you want to only do it "by hand" you could try using a "manual controller" (something I literally learned of only today). See page 60 of the manual.

I don't think you can...

If you want to only do it "by hand" you could try using a "manual controller" (something I literally learned of only today). See page 60 of the manual.

I did just see that as well, I assume in the same thread. I could hook the Manual Controller up to the modifier for the bypass, and then twist it up and down as an approach. It's nice there are at least a couple other ways of doing this, though I do think being able to exclude a certain block from scene switches would still be an easier to understand solution.

And for a similar problem, can I use a Control Switch to control the channel of a block? I have a parallel volume, wah, and pitch block at the start of some presets followed by a mixer or multiplexer block. I was controlling the channel of the mix/mux block to send one of the three rows through, so I could assign a volume, wah, and whammy all to the same expression pedal and choose which is active with another footswitch. But unfortunately, that's really confusing with channels. Because by default they're all in the mode the preset was saved in, but each scene retains the memory independently, so I need to remember or read the FC label to figure out if Scene 3 was last used on wah or whammy. I know I can change the scene revert setting so they'd always revert to the saved state for the preset, but it's still annoying to engage the way, then switch to a different scene and have to engage it again. The Control Switch seems like a great solution for persisting the "state" of my mix/mux block. Except I'm not sure that can actually be controlled with a control switch, And even if it could, the CSs seem to be momentary or latching, so I'd only get to choose two channels unless it was set to cycle them. But if it was set to cycle them I'm not sure it would persist when I changed scenes.

I guess a similar ask which was also mentioned earlier in this thread would be a way to save a scene with the channel set to "LAST" instead of a specific channel.

Yeah, that's right. So I think if I were to get behind any idea it would be that of @NeoSound in post #5 above. Blocks (or just amp and cab?) would need an option for "Exempt from Scene Changes".

I really can't imagine this would be a widely used feature though.
I disagree. Many of us are very used to having the amp channel control operate independently of the FX preset selections - pretty much everyone who uses a multi-channel amp.

I've setup a few Axe Fx's for friends. All of them are used to having the Amp tone and Wet effects being separated. It's been difficult for them to see the value of scenes without this feature being implemented. Trying to explain Control Switches to overcome the limitation has been a battle and even then, it's limited. One of my best friends uses his pedal board because of this, and the Axe FX for simpler stuff. It's sad.

You can achieve this via per preset. Use scene manager to select amp 1 channel a in all scenes. Use per preset to switch between amps. That way you can do all your fx changes via scenes and change the amps/channels via per preset.

I don't have an FC6 or FC12.
So you set the amp's channel on all scenes to Channel A.
You switch an amp to channel B using a per preset button.
Then you switch to another scene.
I guess that would reset the amp's channel to channel A?

I also think the "Exempt from Scene Changes" feature would be the best option.

You can achieve this via per preset. Use scene manager to select amp 1 channel a in all scenes. Use per preset to switch between amps. That way you can do all your fx changes via scenes and change the amps/channels via per preset.
And when you change scenes, you lose your current amp channel selection if you've changed it.

No, The point of the request is to be able to select a new scene or prest for FX while NOT changing the amp channel, and vice versa. As it is today, when you change scene or preset, the amp channel will switch to whatever channel the preset or scene has in its program.

Back
Top Bottom