Implemented Option to make a block scene-independent

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought question was how to change scenes on the Axe, but have some blocks' on-off state not be affected. I know nothing about the RJM's capabilities really, but that screen shot appears to be for a switch that changes a block's channel.

Am I confused, either about the question, or what that screenshot shows?
You misunderstood the question. The request is to allow block channels (specifically amp and cabinet block channels) to be selected independently of scene/presets.

You misunderstood the question. The request is to allow block channels (specifically amp and cabinet block channels) to be selected independently of scene/presets.
Apologies, carry on.

The option to have summer blocks' bypass state be independent from scenes had been discussed, but is off topic here.

Before I let that go though, could the RJM accomplish that too?

Apologies, carry on.

The option to have summer blocks' bypass state be independent from scenes had been discussed, but is off topic here.

Before I let that go though, could the RJM accomplish that too?
I believe that you can do this with either the Liquidfoot or RJM (and maybe Voes), by assigning block states in the IA maps. This is how I make it work on the LF+.

Trouble is, the LF has a few annoying bugs that likely will never be addressed and it's creating some issues (specifically, LF software doesn't handle the 2nd Mux block properly). I may have to break down and get a MMGT.

I believe that you can do this with either the Liquidfoot or RJM (and maybe Voes), by assigning block states in the IA maps. This is how I make it work on the LF+.

Trouble is, the LF has a few annoying bugs that likely will never be addressed and it's creating some issues (specifically, LF software doesn't handle the 2nd Mux block properly). I may have to break down and get a MMGT.
I'd love to try one, just $,$$$.

This would be really useful. Ideally, I would be able to use scenes to control my effects, and allow my amp/cab channel to be independent of the selection.

The alternative would be making 4 presets, one for each amp, and then when one is changed having to go change all four presets.

I could also see this being useful if you want to have a layout that combines scenes and effects. It would be cool to be able to control reverb and delay with the scenes, and then allow things like drive, modulation, or pitch to be independent and on their own switches.

You are probably right, but you never know. The only thing I can do about it is leave a comment, and hope that enough other people would ask for it that fractal considers it. I understand that they probably have a crazy long wishlist though, and they can only prioritize so many items.

You are probably right, but you never know. The only thing I can do about it is leave a comment, and hope that enough other people would ask for it that fractal considers it. I understand that they probably have a crazy long wishlist though, and they can only prioritize so many items.
Don't get me wrong, I've long been one of the most vocal about getting such a feature implemented. I just hadn't realized how long it has been.

I really can't imagine this would be a widely used feature though.
I like the idea of a three-way option: "Include in Scene Control", "Exclude from all scenes", and "exclude from some scenes", which would lead you to select the on/off toggle for 8 scenes... I know that option would get messy on the interface. But if I'm reading all of the comments right (and thinking of my own usage right), it would be very usable.

To argue for this feature, if you sort the items in the AXE FX III wish list by number of replies, as of right now this item lands at #5. The only real items ahead of it, are the threads requesting new amps, and the thread requesting a KLON style drive. It seems like this might be a widely used feature by a lot of people based on the responses.

The response from PKasaty that I quoted would be the dream scenario, but I would be more than happy with even just the "Include in Scene Control" and "Exclude from all scenes" options.

Last edited:
I had another thought of how this could be implemented in the edit software. In the scene manager, we can set any block to any channel per scene. Blocks could be made scene independent if we had the ability to set the channel to "Last" instead of A-D. Naturally, you could also have an option to set all scenes to "Last" the same way you can set all scenes to channel A-D.

The only edge case that I can think of, is there would need to be a way to define what the default should be. I think the default could initially be channel A, but the last used channel could be saved when the preset is saved, similar to how the last used scene is saved when the preset is saved.

Back
Top Bottom