Implemented Option to disable mouse scroll

I see options to change how the mouse scroll operates when affecting values, but I would like to disable it in Axe Edit entirely.

I use an Apple Magic Mouse, and the sensitivity of the scroll surface always causes me to accidentally change settings as I am mousing around the interface.

Ha ha ha super annoying. I broker down and bought a Logitech cheap mouse with scroll wheel to avoid the issue.

Currently I'm finding it the most annoying thing when using the III full stop.
I never use the front panel (never did with the II either)
I mean, yes I would like to save loops, have more and different effects etc etc etc... But this should be real easy to fix/install as an option?
I noticed the stealth mouse behavior straight away, first go at using the III.
This has practically caused me to loose hours and hours of tweaking to perfection, it happens that often, and stealth like, that it can be hours before you notice it.....Or notice something somewhere is wrong, In a kind of "huh? that didn't sound like that before".....
I dunno, maybe I'm missing something and there is a way to disable it?
Anyways, here is a link to my original wish thread from June.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/switch-off-mouse-scroll.140981/

Another +1 from me. There's already options in the preferences to change the scroll behaviour, so maybe another option for "disable" could be added there.

Found the solution for Magic mouse however its not application specific. You can turn off magic mouse scrolling by:
Go to System Preferences.
Open Accessibility.
Select Mouse & trackpad on the left menu.
Bottom right of the window select Mouse options.
Un check scrolling!
Done.

Again this will dissable mouse scrolling system wide so you'll want to turn it back on for other apps. You should be able to make an Apple script app you could keep in the dock to turn this on and off as a one click solution. Maybe if I find some time I will make one to share.
mouse pref.jpg

Here is an Applescript I made for OSX 10.13.6 thats working for me. You can save this from the AppleScript.app as an application you could leave in your dock to toggle mouse scrolling on and off for magic mouse. Note that after saving the script as an app the finder will warn you to allow access with the app via security setting.

tell application "System Preferences"

activate

set current pane to pane "com.apple.preference.universalaccess"

end tell

tell application "System Events"

tell application process "System Preferences"

try

tell table 1 of scroll area 1 of window "Accessibility"

delay 0.2

select (row 17)

end tell

on error

tell table 1 of scroll area 2 of window "Accessibility"

delay 0.2

select (row 17)

end tell

end try

click button 2 of window 1

delay 0.1

click checkbox 1 of sheet 1 of window "Accessibility"

keystroke return

delay 1

tell application "System Preferences"

quit

end tell

end tell

end tell

Found the solution for Magic mouse however its not application specific. You can turn off magic mouse scrolling by:
Go to System Preferences.
Open Accessibility.
Select Mouse & trackpad on the left menu.
Bottom right of the window select Mouse options.
Un check scrolling!
Done.
Based on this and Tom's script I was looking for something someone might have written that took it a step further by automatically disabling the scroll in only a specified application. No luck there.

But I did find this:
Instead of Uncheck scrolling as detailed above, try changing the behavior from "with inertia" to "without inertia" and leave scrolling checked. So far this is much more tolerable behavior for me, and the only drawback to other apps (like browsing the internet) is that you can't swipe and fly with your scroll, you have to scroll scroll scroll.

USB overdrive may be able to do it and I'm pretty sure it would be able to do just AxeEdit however I'm to cheap to spend $20 to find out. Seems that they are not supporting Magic Mouse 2. I guess it would be best to contact support and ask.

Old thread, but I can't find the option to disable mouse wheel scrolling anywhere in Axe-Edit. All I see is an option to reverse it. Can you guys tell me where to find it? This "magic mouse" is driving me crazy.

Old thread, but I can't find the option to disable mouse wheel scrolling anywhere in Axe-Edit. All I see is an option to reverse it. Can you guys tell me where to find it? This "magic mouse" is driving me crazy.
You're using Axe-Edit III for the Axe-FX III ?

Oh, no I'm using the Axe II. :( Didn't realize I was in an Axe III thread. I guess we were left behind with that option? It's a nightmare with the magic mouse, I'm constantly screwing up settings if I breathe wrong on the mouse.

Back
Top Bottom