option for the Up Down behavior in Song mode?

randombastage

Experienced
I pretty much live in Reveal mode and create Songs to organize presets, 5 per page. I name the Song to describe the nature of the 5 presets: Marshall...Crunchy...Effects...whatever, and then just sort of memorize what the 5 choices are inside each 'Song' usually they range from clean to dirty going from left to right etc...
This works really well because you can go to a new song and once you select one of the 5 presets available in that song you are right back in Reveal...so no extra tap dancing to get the bottom 5 IA's ready to stomp on.

So, now that you know how I'm using it here's my question:
Can you set up the MFC-101 to NOT advance up or down the song list on the first press of the up or down button?

Right now the way it works, for example, I can be in my Marshall 'Song' on preset 1 of the 5 in that 'Song' and want to go to preset 3 of the 5. to do that, since I'm in Reveal, I have to push the Up or Down button to get the bottom row of 5 out of Reveal to be able to select preset 3 but by doing that the Song changes so then I have to push the Up/Down choice again to move back to the Song I was in before I can move to preset 3...

If there was an option to make the first press of Up or Down 'wake up' the MFC-101 out of Reveal without actually advancing to the next Song that would be great.

I know I could just tap Reveal again, then make my preset selection, then tap Reveal again but that is even more of a tap dance than tapping Up, then Down, then making the preset selection...

Is anyone else using the MFC-101 in a similar fashion for organizing their presets? Maybe Song mode isn't the best way and I need to look at other peoples work flow for a different approach altogether.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom