Option for Reveal Hold to stay on Hold Layout after a Switch Pressed

creativespiral

Inspired
I love that Reveal Hold got integrated... it was a key feature from MFC and makes the layouts even more flexible.

Can you add an option in the FC settings for:

Reveal Hold Switching > [Stay in Hold Menu] vs [Return to Tap Menu]

As it currently is implemented, you can use the reveal hold toggle to show all the hold functions, but once you hit a footswitch, it "returns" back to the tap menu. It would add an extra layer of flexibility if we could choose to have the Reveal Hold layout stay open after a footswitch selection. (it would behave more like the old MFC reveal function)... That way, you can store a whole separate layout of FX bypass switches on the hold layer and be able to engage multiple on/off ... and then whenever you want to return to the Tap menu, you just hit your Reveal Hold footswitch.

I was planning to start playing with this feature and already thought it did what you're asking for... So, +1 from me. Would be super useful.

This makes sense, but I think the Values would need to be renamed:

MOMENTARY (As is)
SINGLE CHOICE (the current "Toggle")
STICKY (the new "Latching" version)

I'm thinking the way that you exit sticky is to re-trigger the Reveal Hold function. If it is on a TAP, you'll tap again. It it is on a HOLD, you'll hold again.

@BryantP make sense?

MOMENTARY (As is)

I'm thinking the way that you exit sticky is to re-trigger the Reveal Hold function. If it is on a TAP, you'll tap again. It it is on a HOLD, you'll hold again.

@BryantP make sense?

Yeah, this would be perfect!... I was thinking it would require an external menu option, but if it could just be integrated into the existing Reveal Hold selection, that's even more intuitive / elegant solution.

MOMENTARY (As is)

@BryantP make sense?
This makes sense to me! I'll get it in there when schedule permits.

Unless I am missing something, it can already do this. Set the switch with the Reveal Holds to 'Latching', and when you tap it, the holds are revealed until you tap it again.

Unless I am missing something, it can already do this. Set the switch with the Reveal Holds to 'Latching', and when you tap it, the holds are revealed until you tap it again.
It would revert to displaying tap functions once a hold function was executed, however. Now if you turn sticky on, it will continue to show the hold functions until you change layouts or trigger Utility/Reveal Holds again. This allows you to execute multiple hold functions by triggering Reveal Holds once.

It would revert to displaying tap functions once a hold function was executed, however. Now if you turn sticky on, it will continue to show the hold functions until you change layouts or trigger Utility/Reveal Holds again. This allows you to execute multiple hold functions by triggering Reveal Holds once.
Ah, ok. Got it. :)

Back
Top Bottom