Optical Tube Compressor TEST - DREAM THEATER - Chosen - Arpeggios

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hey fellas this is my first impression of the new COMP which is awesome in my ears, I just tweaked COMP around 20 seconds and then hit the record button, I used both optical COMP with the same setting and placed it after the amp and used ''Line'' in input level and here's the result

how does it sound to your ears ?

Last edited:
Sounds great! That's off their latest album, right? I can hear the melody in my head, but I can't think of the song name.

Yes it's Chosen from The Astonishing album this melody is on background of music and at some point JP is playing it rhythmically but I played in all in Arpeggio order

This is really nice playing, Amin! The two clips have differences that are subtle. I slightly favor the second clip, and a clean Strat quack tone sounds breathtaking with the optical compressor.

This is really nice playing, Amin! The two clips have differences that are subtle. I slightly favor the second clip, and a clean Strat quack tone sounds breathtaking with the optical compressor.

Thank you sou much for your nice words Eric ;), Yeah optical COMP is working great ! !, I wish I had an Strat but I've just this guitar for over 13 years and I'm doing everything from Jazz to Blues, Ballad, Rock Metal with this old bae :).

Back
Top Bottom