Optical Compressor

Fro

Experienced
How do the LED, Tungsten, and El Foil options compare to Optical 1 (Peak Detector) and Optical 2 (RMS Detector) in the Axe Fx II? Is there also an Instrument/Line input option in the III, or is that not applicable? I figure I can just mess with it and see, but curious what matches what if I'm just trying to recreate my presets.

Thanks!

Cliff had a really cool group of settings for the AFX II and I'm curious if they need to be changed in the III ?

The compression effect was subtle enough to provide that "finishing touch" to a lot of my presets !

Cliff had a really cool group of settings for the AFX II and I'm curious if they need to be changed in the III ?

The compression effect was subtle enough to provide that "finishing touch" to a lot of my presets !

Where did you find his settings? Post link?

I don't have the link any longer, but I jotted down the settings ....

Threshold - to taste ( I use -30 dB )
Compression - 2.30
Attack - 1.452 ms
Release - 100.40 ms
Auto Att/Rel OFF
Look Ahead - 1.000 ms
Light Type - Tungsten

Depending on the Amp I'm using I usually get about -7.0 dB on the Gain meter. Then I have to add approx. 4.0 dB on the Level to get back to unity gain.

Good Luck !

I don't have the link any longer, but I jotted down the settings ....

Threshold - to taste ( I use -30 dB )
Compression - 2.30
Attack - 1.452 ms
Release - 100.40 ms
Auto Att/Rel OFF
Look Ahead - 1.000 ms
Light Type - Tungsten

Depending on the Amp I'm using I usually get about -7.0 dB on the Gain meter. Then I have to add approx. 4.0 dB on the Level to get back to unity gain.

Good Luck !

Post Amp block .... correct? Or are you using it 1st in the chain?

Post both Amp & Cab block .... Kinda like you'd add compression at the board as you were recording ( or after ) ....

Back
Top Bottom