Opinions on these guitar tones

D20

Power User
Hey there,
I haven't posted anything in awhile. Work....
I recently put a D Activator in the bridge of my JP100D. I actually am liking it a lot better than the CL at the moment. Up until now i have used active EMGs for as long as i can remember so using passive pickups is a very new to me haha. I have been working on a new mix lately and want to just see what everyone thinks of these two tones and which they prefer in the mix better? Both clips are with the same guitar however i'm curious to see if there is one you guys here like more than the other. Thanks everyone!

A
B

Mids are a bit different. A has a little more aggressive bite and B sounds a bit smoother. The B track sits a little better in the mix to my ears, but the extra bite in A would work well for leads in that mix.

Reactions: D20
Cool! I appreciate the feedback.
I compressed the guitars quite heavily on B and didn't on A.
Its just nice to see what you guys think of the two and to hear the opinions.

The first one has more hair and the other one sounds like "disturbed" to me. They both are good and work well in the mix.

Awesome!

Patch is simple
FAS Modern > Redwirez Mesa IR with a 57 mic
Drive 7.48
Bass 6
Mids 3.54
Treb 5
Pres 3
Master 5

B for me. Definitely sits better in the track and leaves a nice pocket for a vocal...that's if the track intends to have vocals on it

I agree that B sits better in the mix, very interested compression settings you used for the guitars.

On both though it sounds to me like the comp on the overall mix is pumping a bit. It could just be the blue tooth ear buds I listened through though.

I agree that B sits better in the mix, very interested compression settings you used for the guitars.

On both though it sounds to me like the comp on the overall mix is pumping a bit. It could just be the blue tooth ear buds I listened through though.

Here are the settings

For compression i just put a compressor block in front of the amp block with the default settings i believe.
Pedal Comp 1
Sustain 5
Attack 2
Rel Auto

When i play chugs the gain is hitting between -10 to -15 depending on how hard i hit the strings.

Back
Top Bottom