opinions on the new Tv ultrares cabs?

Andre Antunes

Inspired
Have you tried them? Do you prefer them to the previous ones? I personally prefer the #2 ultrares one. But would like to know your thoughts

I am dying to try 'en (UR versions). I was tweaking some factory presets in 15b that used the old TV versions & didn't swap them out for alternative UR IRs because they (vintage TV versions) worked so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these days I was using the great MGE from OH, typically for the marschally amps. They are absolutely fine. The new TV Ures are really good too and in comparison they are smoother than the MGE, with an emphasis on the mid-low mid (from my gears and ears..).
The MGE have more hi mid, and are more agressive.

So really depends on amps and the tones you're about,
anyway: all are great !

Yeah, I like for a darker sound and is superb for that (or really bright amps). I usually like more bite on my cabs. Ones the cab pack i release, you can mix your own.

The new UR's are pretty decent. But I'm more into the GuitarHack ones that Cliff posted a while back. They're my go to IR's at the moment. Bought a few of the OH ones and have all of the Redwirez cabs for years now. But those GH freebies are hard to beat!

It's funny how a lot of us play the same genre of music yet we go about achieving similar tones in a completely different way. I personally do not like Guitar Hack's IR's. I found them to be very brittle in the high end and lacking in low mid definition. Different strokes and all that.

It's funny how a lot of us play the same genre of music yet we go about achieving similar tones in a completely different way. I personally do not like Guitar Hack's IR's. I found them to be very brittle in the high end and lacking in low mid definition. Different strokes and all that.

Ditto on the brittleness, but again, it's all a matter of taste.

All is about our personal tastes
I prefer the Tv 2 which is more on the bite side ...

Oddly, I find the UltraRes TVs among my least favorite of the new UltraRes stock cabs. Lot's of good stuff among the rest, and I'm definitely buying Cab Pack 5 when it shows up in the store.

The Lerxst 4x12 is huge sounding. Great tone

Yes indeed that is a great cabinet and I'm going between the two new TV cabs and the Lerxst for my Marshally/crunchy/mid-gain rock sounds; these three are looking like they'll be my goto cabs for those types of tones.

I like the full bodied tone of the darker TV IR mix and the brighter TV mix is a great compliment to that. Great sounding IRs that you can fine tune easily. Am looking forward to the next cab pack as all of the FAS IR samples in v15 are working very well for me with my main tones; love these new IRs a lot.

F132: TV mix #2 (UR) is one of my new favorites along with my old favorites - Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind IR.syx - GH ThisOne.syx - TDR warmer Marshall.syx -TAF_Mars4x12_MIX_ROOM.syx and OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern.syx

You will stop having your own strokes and conform to the same stroke as others. :devilish:

Back
Top Bottom