Opinions on Boss Katana?

Haha. I've had the same thing happen. Someone asked me if it was all tube. I played a gig once with another band and when I was doing sound check the guitarist for the other band (who had a top notch Mesa rig) sort of stared dumbfounded. He came up afterwards and was like I can't believe you are getting that tone out of that Boss amp.

I really liked it for parties and seedier venues. I actually keep it around just for that. I figure any time where my gear might get trashed/banged around/beer spilled on, I'm bringing this thing.
Heard that!
I can't play It after playing my Revv, but for those certain occasions It's perfect and totally gets the job done

I know of someone on the forum here that uses two Katana's with his AFX III. He's gigging like 5 nights a weeks with them.
Hey Tom, Id love ta chat with whoever that is thats using Katana with his AFX. I picked up an FM9, and would love ta use my Katana Artist ta push some air onstage.

The guys name is Andrew Autin he lives in Louisiana. You can find him on facebook but I forget what he goes by here. He's kind of a strange Kat in that he's really secretive about his stuff. He's such a smart ass Ive never gotten a straight answer from him when I ask something. He has tons of video playing all size gig using the katana. He has kind of a not so huge low end but up your ass midrange tone lots of cut total early 80's metal. Great player and thats all he did for income until recently. Plays in half a dozen bands. Good luck.

Tried about everything in the low price game as a small solution in face or in adddition to my FM3. So far only a real tube Amp managed to sound "just as good" which is fine for me. I finally stay with that small tube Amp, occasionally, in addition to my FM3, just for kicks. Basically only FM3 to FOH and a stage monitor for feedback.
I just gave up the search...it's a waste of time and money, of no use.

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

ive been quite happy w my katana. i like that if my old modeler went down, i could use the inboard fx.

...but it's increasingly less used as i build my patches in the fm9t

Back
Top Bottom