Opinions of ESP LTD TE-407 seven string guitar

adew

Inspired
I'm looking for a reasonably priced 7-string guitar and stumbled on this one: ESP LTD TE-407 BLKS - Thomann UK and wondered if anyone has one or has played one and can provide any feedback. Although I've used "proper" ESP's for years and own a couple, I don't know much about the LTD brand. Is this a decent guitar for the price?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I recently had an LTD ZH-7 that was awesome, but I've got a custom 7 on the way, so I unloaded it... kinda' regret letting it go though.
Build quality was fine, some very minor finish flaws. Needed a setup when I got it, but what guitar doesn't from time to time. Played well, sounded great, was reasonably priced... no issues with LTD thus far.

LTD's are very good. Especially the higher end LTD's. I wouldn't go any lower than their 400's. Yours being a 407 :encouragement:

IF I'm not mistaken, upper end LTD's are made in Korea and lower end (below 400 series) ones are made in Indonesia while real ESP's are made in Japan. Labor prices are probably the biggest difference but also hardware/electronics and attention to detail.

To compare to Fender:

ESP = USA Fenders
upper end LTD = Mexico Fenders
lower end LTD = Squire

Upper end LTD's are probably going to be the best value. If you don't mind buying direct from Japan, you might look into some of ESP's non-export brands as well. I picked up an Edwards Les Paul clone several years ago and love it. Gotoh hardware and Duncan pickups stock. Gibson quality for an Epiphone price. All the various ESP/LTD brands of guitars I have ever tried out have always had great necks, fretwork, and finishes. Even their cheap instruments still tend to play pretty well. I wouldn't hesitate to pickup a nice LTD.

Back
Top Bottom