• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Opinions Gibson 2011 Mditown Custom?

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
So, I asked about the ES-137 and got great reviews. So I am also looking at a Mint condition Gibson 2011 Midtown custom with burstbuckers.
Now trying to decide between the 2?
Anyone have opinions on this one?
Thanks as Always

York Audio

Power User
Vendor
So, I asked about the ES-137 and got great reviews. So I am also looking at a Mint condition Gibson 2011 Midtown custom with burstbuckers.
Now trying to decide between the 2?
Anyone have opinions on this one?
Thanks as Always
My brother had a natural Midtown Custom and it was fantastic! Great neck, comfortable body, and sounded amazing with humbuckers and P-90s. That guitar is actually on my wish list. I can’t speak for all Midtowns, but that one was exceptional.

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
My brother had a natural Midtown Custom and it was fantastic! Great neck, comfortable body, and sounded amazing with humbuckers and P-90s. That guitar is actually on my wish list. I can’t speak for all Midtowns, but that one was exceptional.
Thanks very much-Appreciate your input. I really wish I could play one, but that won't happen unless I buy one. I have read many times that some of the standards had some issues but for the most part the customs were fantastic. Also gets you 2 burstbuckers.

favance

Power User
Never played a Midtown. But, as you can tell from my avatar, I have a 2017 335 from the Memphis Gibson shop (last year before they closed) that I totally love. It's comparable to a '63 335, and is very close to ones I played as a kid (I'm a child of the 60's). It's a bigger guitar, but I'm a big guy. This is one of my favorites!

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
Never played a Midtown. But, as you can tell from my avatar, I have a 2017 335 from the Memphis Gibson shop (last year before they closed) that I totally love. It's comparable to a '63 335, and is very close to ones I played as a kid (I'm a child of the 60's). It's a bigger guitar, but I'm a big guy. This is one of my favorites!
Thanks- I am average height, not a big guy. Had a 335 back in the 90's. Felt big to me, but I loved the guitar. The midtown and the Es-339's are smaller as you know. But the es-339 prices are insane, imho. The midtown Customs are in the $1,695 to $1,950 range. Better for me. Thanks for the input. I still have do not have anything but Strats...my first love. But I am wanting the midtown custom or the es-137............

Budda

Experienced
If you cant try them first, buy based on specs (assuming you know what you like). If you cant decide by spec, buy the one that keeps popping into your head.

Steve South

Inspired
I had one. I didn’t like it and moved it on down the road pretty quickly. I just couldn’t get used to the flat top. It just felt wrong on a guitar that should have an arched top. Plus the top was three mismatched pieces. Not Gibson’s best work.

Top Bottom