Opinion on Revv G-MK3 120

Jumpback

Experienced
Liking the reviews on this for live tube amp, I will be playing Modern Rock/Metal and also need a good edge of breakup tone with of course clean too.

Thoughts before I spend thousands🤘🏼🤓

Spent thousands and got the matching cab, I need a beast tube amp, been missing my last one (Bogner Helios 100)
Didn't think I'd get much feedback on this post about a tube amp, oh well, I'm sure I will love it, but If I don't, this is where I'll post the saga after I send It back to Sweetwater lol

My buddy has that amp and loves it. I added a Diezel Herbert for that “live tube amp”.
I almost got the Herbert 3, but didn't do enough research on it and needed to get this done this week and knew the Revv was beast, maybe later bcuz grass is greener on the dark side..

Fantastic amp! I had one for about 6 months and really enjoyed it. Lots of features, great tone and no need for any boost pedal. You can literally take the head to a gig and run direct and not need a cabinet. The built in Captor X is great sounding!

Enjoy!

Fantastic amp! I had one for about 6 months and really enjoyed it. Lots of features, great tone and no need for any boost pedal. You can literally take the head to a gig and run direct and not need a cabinet. The built in Captor X is great sounding!

Enjoy!
So glad to hear this!
It just came in yay, now waiting for that Christmas tree of a Revv Cab to get here..,Haha

I Love it!
All the Chanels are outstanding wow.
The Torpedo is wicked good too, I will keep it and so glad I bought this one....

Man do I ever miss having the one that I had. Such a great sounding amp and so feature packed! Glad you are enjoying it! Great looking setup!

Thanks PBGas, Just got a Dual delay in the loop and a John Pettruchi Wah in front, seems to be my new signature tone, but Im sure I've only sctatched the surface at this point lol

Hey.... How's the channel switching speed on this amp? Is it at least as fast as switching an amp channel on the AxeIII?
Oh crap sorry, yes the channel switching is seamless as can be, no pops or delays at all just a clean changeover pretty cool, bcuz it has 4 channels and nice to go from one to another so smoothly

@Jumpback

Hey, sorry for the necro bump...🤷‍♂️

I had sidelined the plan to get a Revv but am back at it.

I asked you about the switching speed on the Generator MK3... You mentioned it was seamless etc, but I realized I didn't clarify (for me) if that was via the AXE midi block (or FM?) ... OR... with the channel switching pedal that came with it (The Revv)?

I'm asking, as, on my Splawn Nitro, via its own pedal, it's nearly instant (and totally acceptable) on any changes. But with an RJM mini amp gizmo and the AXE midi block the switch from dirty to clean (and back) has a hesitation/burst/pop.

So, I'm hoping to find out what the switching (from any channel ... to any channel ... etc) is like using the AXE midi block and a direct midi line (cable) to the Revv.

Thanks in advance for your help 🤘🏻

I Love it!
All the Chanels are outstanding wow.
The Torpedo is wicked good too, I will keep it and so glad I bought this one....
Now that it has been several months, how are you getting along with the Revv Generator 120 MKIII? I've just recently developed the itch since there is currently a deal on offer at my local guitar shop. The one in the Axe sounds so good but not having ever owned a real high end amp head/cab combo I feel like I want just one and found myself landing on this or the Mark V but I'm pretty sure this is the one :). Also, how do you like that particular matching cab?

Back
Top Bottom