Opinion - Flat v. Angled Pedalboard for FC-12?

Flat or Angled Pedalboard for FC6-12

• Flat as a pancake

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • I like more angle for the dangle

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Mesaholic

Inspired
So I have been using a flat pedalboard for forever - first with analog pedals and then the MFC. While waiting on an FC-12, I am considering whether to go to with an angled pedal board for a change...quite possibly the large Mono pedalboard. Thoughts and opinions welcome. Will also try to create a poll for fun.

I've always used a Pedal train board which is angled. I have my RJM MMGT22 velcroed to a Pedal train pro with an EV-1 and a Mission SP-1 and it works great. I prefer it to be honest I've just got used to it over the years.

Thinking of going for a Mono pedalboard also when I get my FC-6 for my smaller board. They are fairly expensive though so not sure at the moment.

I voted for flat, but that's all I've ever used. The FC case itself is angled enough that I don't have any issue accessing the switches on the upper row. Also, I use 3 expression pedals, and as @unix-guy pointed out, having those at an angle would mess me up bigtime.

the bottom row is already angled. if you angle it much more, it may be difficult to press.

could you wait to get the FC first then decide?

could you wait to get the FC first then decide?

And suppress my natural desire to want it all NOW? :D I think that's entirely too logical, Chris. But yeah, I will wait. Just curious what the consensus was and, albeit a small sample, it appears to be evenly split.

And suppress my natural desire to want it all NOW? :D I think that's entirely too logical, Chris. But yeah, I will wait. Just curious what the consensus was and, albeit a small sample, it appears to be evenly split.
does anyone that said "angled" have an FC though?

the MMGT is slightly angled, but all switches are at the same angle. the FC rows are each at a different angle. so angling the bottom row even more could be an issue.

I tried my MFC-101 on an angled board and hated it. It's already angled so adding more made it suck to me. My expression pedals are already angled as well so no way would I want an angled case/board. My FC-12 is supposed to arrive on Tuesday and in the pics online it looks angled like the MFC's so I will be slapping it on a flat board for sure. Another thing I disliked about an angled board is its higher up for everything so you have to go to more effort when using it. To me less movement is quicker and more efficient.

I used an angled board for my analog pedals, but took off my wah and volume expression pdls to play them on the flat floor; the rest I left on the angled board.

I don't have an FC-xx, yet, but it looks to me like it would be handier to have a flat board for it.

I have used both but I like my board flat mainly because of the expression pedals (2 mission pedals). Since the FC has a slight angle it is fine for me staying with a flat board.

My Pedaltrain Jr is perfect for my FC6 and Mission Pedal while standing, but feels a little weird sitting (mainly expression pedal)

Back
Top Bottom