Opeth patches...

I need to work on one for Windowpane and one for Master's Apprentices.

But yeah, I have got to work on one for the badass riff in Blackwater Park (the song).

Man! Going back, there is a wide range of tones on BP. Great album.

Is Mikael using an Axe FX? I thought he did get one.

I heard he was messing with the Axe but not actually confirmed...
Yeah, that album is full of great tone from beginning to end. My favorite Opeth disc...

Just revisited My Arms Your Hearse... damn. Talk about some intensely addictive melodies. It's just as good as Blackwater...
No evil geniuses with the Akerfeldt patches!?

i think still life is my number 2 behind blackwater park, closely followed by my arms. sometimes it's hard to tell though what order i like them in, it changes with my mood! but yeah, some patches would definitely be fun to play around with!

Not only the guitar tones, but just their sound in general is so brilliantly unique and immediately identifiable as Opeth. I'm not a fan of growl vocals by a long stretch, but I can tolerate them since Mikael can actually sing and their overall tone and songwriting is so good. I'm looking forward to the new album and hopefully a tour this year. I like all their stuff, but Blackwater Park, Damnation, and Watershed are among my favorites.

Would be very interested in these as well (especially Still-life / Blackwater-park era sounds). tjkili did a Windowpane cover over a year ago but I do not think he shared the patch. Maybe he has a drawer full of great patches nowadays ;)?

I'd be intrested also! Steven Wilson did a great job as a producer on those albums. If I remember correctly their live setup was somewhat simple with clean sound from Laney and dist pedal. For studio sound I remember they said they used less distortion than people think, more like Jeff Beck amount rather than usual metal band.

Back
Top Bottom