Hey everyone,

I just uploaded my first AX8 preset. It's an Opeth "inspired" one. I used a Gibson LP Traditional with JB/Jazz PUP config. I tried my best.

Thanks to @2112 for his tutorials and the Petrucci wah block.

I used scene controllers to vary the amount of drive for each preset. The cab block is U149.
Scene 1 is a slightly dirty clean, with phaser and reverb for Mikael's finger picked clean passages (Blackwater Park, Dirge for November, The Moor etc.)
Scene 2 is a heavy rhythm tone (FAS Boost), but no over the top.
Scene 3 is a boosted lead (TS 808)

I didn't try to tone-match the albums, but I did try to capture the feel of their music.

If you try it, please let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is very welcome. I love this device and I'm always learning.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5908 Upload Another

Heyo, I just wanted to say great job on the preset! I haven't posted on here forever or played much guitar of recent, but randomly picked up my guitar today and checked for some presets on axe-change and came across this bad boy.

This sounds amazing through Axe FX II and using the Mikael Akerfeldt PRS, another shout out to FracTool creator for making it so I could convert this to the FX II.

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to see whatever else you come up with :)

Cheers

Heyo, I just wanted to say great job on the preset! I haven't posted on here forever or played much guitar of recent, but randomly picked up my guitar today and checked for some presets on axe-change and came across this bad boy.

This sounds amazing through Axe FX II and using the Mikael Akerfeldt PRS, another shout out to FracTool creator for making it so I could convert this to the FX II.

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to see whatever else you come up with :)

Cheers

Thanks so much @Zomgasm. I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad to hear that someone else is enjoying this one. I've been toying with a new preset for Opeth stuff as I know Michael and Frederik use the JVM410 live. There's not a lot of presets on the axechange for their sound so maybe I'll release another one in a month or so :)

The FracTool is pretty awesome. Makes life so much easier.

Thanks so much @Zomgasm. I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad to hear that someone else is enjoying this one. I've been toying with a new preset for Opeth stuff as I know Michael and Frederik use the JVM410 live. There's not a lot of presets on the axechange for their sound so maybe I'll release another one in a month or so :)

The FracTool is pretty awesome. Makes life so much easier.
Please do! I'm amazed there aren't more Opeth presets around.

Back
Top Bottom