Opened a FM3 box, played for 2 hours, upgraded from 1.06 to 3.01 and it sounded better before?

gregori

I have AXE3 MK2, using it for last 2 months. Also got FM3 but it stayed in a box. Today I opened it, plugged guitar and phones in, amazing sound.
Played it for 2 hours. Then I upgraded it to latest firmware 3.01 and now it does not sound same good as before ??
I tried to check back with older firmware 1.06, but I do not find the download link. I did not backup it before upgrade, cause it was blank new.

Are new presets configured differently or it is something else?
Where can I get older firmware?

Ok, I did reset system params. Now I do not remember the sound of previous FW anymore. Probably will stay on 3.01 and tweak the beast.

Thanks all.

I wonder if there's an element of fatigue in there. After a couple of hours of listening, I personally need to lower volume a bit to continue and of course everything sounds better at a higher volume. I didn't notice any significant change in sound after updating to 3.01 myself, but I updated it at the beginning of a session rather than in the middle of one.

Are you sure that it came with the newer Factory presets? Those were released a bit after 1.06 was released.

And check your system settings. You should ALWAYS make at least a system backup before updating.

Down load the new factory preset also and after ,somewhere top of fm edit there’s a refresh hardware (I believe)

Back
Top Bottom