Wish Open Looper Functions to Modifier Attachment

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
The other units allow attachment of the 'Play' command. But not the '3' at this time.

Would love to see all of the functions opened for attachment. Record a section in one scene (via a scene controller or ?), and play it back in another scene (looped or once?). Or over-dub in another? And/or you could populate the FC pedal with only the Looper function(s) that you need in a particular preset without going to the 'Looper Mode'?

Also the 'Threshold' controller Auto-Record function came in handy. Any chance of getting that back too....:cool:

Maybe I don't quite understand, but I already have this setup on my FCB1010:

Bank 00 pedals 1-4 are Rec, Play, Undo, Once

Then, I have the looper in all my patches so I can bounce around between scenes and patches and use the looper just fine combining whatever tones I want. I think the only the only thing mine doesn't do is change the available looper functions per patch. But basically, bank 00 is as described, but then bank 01 has presets on the top row and scenes on the bottom row. If I want to change sound, I go to bank 01, then go back to bank 00 to use the looper. Works like a charm :D

Maybe I don't quite understand, but I already have this setup on my FCB1010:

Bank 00 pedals 1-4 are Rec, Play, Undo, Once

Then, I have the looper in all my patches so I can bounce around between scenes and patches and use the looper just fine combining whatever tones I want. I think the only the only thing mine doesn't do is change the available looper functions per patch. But basically, bank 00 is as described, but then bank 01 has presets on the top row and scenes on the bottom row. If I want to change sound, I go to bank 01, then go back to bank 00 to use the looper. Works like a charm :D
You don't understand...

@Moke wants to (for example) trigger the Looper to start playing when he changes to a particular scene. He isn't talking about controlling the Looper functions from a midi controller.

You don't understand...

@Moke wants to (for example) trigger the Looper to start playing when he changes to a particular scene. He isn't talking about controlling the Looper functions from a midi controller.
Yep... My AX8 and Axe-Fx II 'Wish You Were Here' presets use something like this. I couldn't do it with the Record function, as it is not open for attachment. But the Loop automatically stars playing when selecting a particular scene.

The other Functions could come in handy too.

Yep. Me too!
Need...tha.....WYWH preset...... ;)
I had a few requests for that one, so I started working on it, but ran into this issue. I could release it without this function, or hold off for a bit until it's (hopefully) added?

@Moke wants to (for example) trigger the Looper to start playing when he changes to a particular scene.
I can do this with my setup. Each button press can trigger two CC changes; so say I'm in a clean Mark IV scene on a preset on my bank 01. I choose the Mark IV Ch. 2 scene and the looper can start playing. The scene change is only one CC and each Looper function is just one CC. Apparently I still don't understand. Do you have a video maybe of what you're trying to accomplish? If not, I'll see myself out, since this is obviously above me head lol

I can do this with my setup. Each button press can trigger two CC changes; so say I'm in a clean Mark IV scene on a preset on my bank 01. I choose the Mark IV Ch. 2 scene and the looper can start playing. The scene change is only one CC and each Looper function is just one CC. Apparently I still don't understand. Do you have a video maybe of what you're trying to accomplish? If not, I'll see myself out, since this is obviously above me head lol
That means you have to program your foot controller specifically to do that. He only wants that behavior in specific presets... You are now stuck with a button dedicated to an infrequent use case.

Moke creates presets for sale as well as his personal use. Something that can be done on any midi controller that supports scenes is much more generally appealing.

I used to use the Gordius Big Little Giant. It is probably the most programmable midi controller on the planet. In discussion with its creator, I realized I could actually recreate scenes without even having the scenes function in the Axe Fx because the Gordius allows an unlimited number of midi commands per switch, and it also supports internal variables and macros that can be used to program logic. That's all well and good for me and other Gordius users, but not so useful for others :)

Sidebar: Xavier (the Gordius creator) actually said that Fractal basically "stole" the idea for scenes from his work, as it was a very popular controller in the pre-scene days of Axe Fx.

I used to use the Gordius Big Little Giant. It is probably the most programmable midi controller on the planet. In discussion with its creator, I realized I could actually recreate scenes without even having the scenes function in the Axe Fx because the Gordius allows an unlimited number of midi commands per switch, and it also supports internal variables and macros that can be used to program logic. That's all well and good for me and other Gordius users, but not so useful for others :)
That sounds incredible! I'mma have to look into that one.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with me. I think I get it now :D

I'm for it. It does seem a bit more generally useful than my way.

+1

That sounds incredible! I'mma have to look into that one.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with me. I think I get it now :D

I'm for it. It does seem a bit more generally useful than my way.

+1
I'm not sure they are available new anymore... Xavier is working on something new, I think.

By the way, the Gordius "brain" was originally created to control the FCB1010.

I don't know if he was associated with the UNO chip, but he created the Control Center software for editing its config. The Gordius editor is very similar.

Actually, I think some of the extended functions are there for the UNO but it has been a few years so I don't remember.

Edit:

Looks like the Big Little Giant is still for sale:

http://www.gordius.be/midi-footcontroller-pricing.php

Here is the info on Control Center:

http://www.fcb1010.uno/

Well I'm at the point where I need this to finish porting my last existing preset for the Axe-Fx III. Would love to see all/most of the Looper functions open for modifiers. The 'Once' function would be really cool too.

What do you think Cliff? @FractalAudio

I'm not sure they are available new anymore... Xavier is working on something new, I think.

By the way, the Gordius "brain" was originally created to control the FCB1010.

I don't know if he was associated with the UNO chip, but he created the Control Center software for editing its config. The Gordius editor is very similar.

Actually, I think some of the extended functions are there for the UNO but it has been a few years so I don't remember.

Edit:

Looks like the Big Little Giant is still for sale:

http://www.gordius.be/midi-footcontroller-pricing.php

Here is the info on Control Center:

http://www.fcb1010.uno/

I was a hardcore Gordius user (Big Little Giant). Xavier was ahead of his time (and he is the guy behind the Uno chip), but I didn’t like the form factor of the controller. ‘Patches’ on a Gordius are similar to scenes but basically aren’t unique to MIDI controllers.

Last edited:
Up on this. I am finally a happy FC owner and I am reprogramming all my songs. I use the looper a lot and this feature would save me so much tap dancing. Just going through scenes with one single scene increment button and all the looping happening by itself would be fantastic.

Also, I thought about an other way to do it : the idea is to have a "Looper Ctrl" tab in the Controllers menu, like the one we have for scene controllers or for the CS.

I made a quick photoshop to show how it could be :
190514102513482611.png

Just an idea to achieve the same thing in a different way.

Last edited:
Up on this. I am finally a happy FC owner and I am reprogramming all my songs. I use the looper a lot and this feature would save me so much tap dancing. Just going through scenes with one single scene increment button and all the looping happening by itself would be fantastic.

Also, I thought about an other way to do it : the idea is to have a "Looper Ctrl" tab in the Controllers menu, like the one we have for scene controllers or for the CS.

I made a quick photoshop to show how it could be :
190514102513482611.png

Just an idea to achieve the same thing in a different way.
That would solve one problem, letting scenes control the Looper functions. But I would rather just open them to all controllers. That would allow for more options, for more situations.

Back
Top Bottom