• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Open Issues List

MGoBlue

Inspired
I think it would be great if FAS would create a sticky in this section listing the known bugs that are being worked on for future releases. The release notes has some sort of issue # associated with each change, so a list of these to be fixed in the future would be great.

My thinking is that it would be nice for anyone to quickly find out what the known issues are rather than trying to look through the entire thread and then trying to decide if it is an actual bug rather than user error. This should also help eliminate duplicate threads.

When a new release comes out they could simply delete from the list as appropriate. When a new issue comes in, it would be added to the list.

I am not looking for exactly when they will be fixed (although that would be nice) because I assume that would be considered proprietary.

Related, it would be really cool if a list of accepted "wishes" existed too although I recognize that is probably considered proprietary as well.

In fact, the same thing in the AxeFX bugs section would be great too.

yek

For bugs (confirmed, being worked on) I think it's a good idea.

Won't work for wishes IMO ... would generate too much "when?" posts and the like.

s0c9

I think it's a nice idea, but....
I do not know of ANY vendor - regardless of industry - that makes it's open "bug list" available to the PUBLIC !
Most vendors I work with, or have worked with will give "Platinum Level" or "Top Tier" customers (for lack of a better definition) access to that list - but those are generally "paid for" contracts by MAJOR corps. that have a vested interest. These same companies often hold seats on a vendors "advisory board", where product direction and customer needs are addressed. IOW - it's bought and paid for. Example: MSDN Universal subscription licenses.. (among others).

I do not believe FAS is at that point in the company maturation curve, and it would be quite some time down the road before it MAY happen. That said, it's totally up them as to where they go with this.

NOTE: These are my PERSONAL opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Fractal Audio.

Last edited:

MGoBlue

Inspired
There have been a lot of comments lately requesting that people do some research in the forum or the wiki before asking about a possible problem. Unfortunately, in my experience, searching the forum doesn't always help you find what you need. Therefore, I am re-requesting that have a sticky of acknowledged open issues that people could (hopefully) go to first.

The FAS staff routinely chimes in on threads and acknowledges a problem and that a fix will be forth coming. A simple summary of all of these would be great. This wouldn't be giving out any proprietary information because the information already exists in various places on the forum. Clearly there must be bugs that FAS knows about in the SW that no one has encountered and I don't expect them to be documented. Just a simple summary of the public released info would be great.

My hope is that it will not only be useful, but will reduce the number of redundant questions, and in turn the number of "do a search first" responses. I am a big proponent of doing searches and so on, but as mentioned above it is not a panacea. Above all else I just want to decrease the amount of time searching around the forum and spend more time playing.

I would even be willing to volunteer to maintain the list assuming there was a way to know what is an acknowledged issue other than reading every response in every thread.

guitargeorge

Inspired
I think it's a nice idea, but....
I do not know of ANY vendor - regardless of industry - that makes it's open "bug list" available to the PUBLIC !
In the open-source world it's quite common; for example: openSUSE:Submitting bug reports - openSUSE.
All the bugs can be read by anyone who's interested (there are even categories like "most annoying bugs" and so forth). However I do agree that this is a lot of work (to maintain) and I am not sure if FAS should consider this as a (top) priority.

Last edited:

s0c9

In the open-source world it's quite common; for example: openSUSE:Submitting bug reports - openSUSE.
All the bugs can be read by anyone who's interested (there are even categories like "most annoying bugs" and so forth). However I do agree that this is a lot of work (to maintain) and I am not sure if FAS should consider this as a (top) priority.
George, thanks.. I am/was aware of this as I do some open-source dev myself. I totally agree, but my OP wasn't referring to the open-source world - there's few (if any) Fortune 500 companies that run their business on open-source code other than some Linux derivative (and usually with paid for 3rd party support, eg: Red Hat, Suse, etc.) Plus, NOTHING that Fractal produces is in the open-source domain.

It's STILL my personal opinion - but if I were running a small company in the highly competitive high-end modeler domain, I would not air my dirty laundry to the public, nor would I EVER make any code available as open-source. We are talking apples to grapefruit here.

guitargeorge

Inspired
Plus, NOTHING that Fractal produces is in the open-source domain.
It's STILL my personal opinion - but if I were running a small company in the highly competitive high-end modeler domain, I would not air my dirty laundry to the public, nor would I EVER make any code available as open-source. We are talking apples to grapefruit here.
Yes, I understand what you're saying. I was just referring to the bugs (certainly not the source-code and whether or not it should be made available).

Top Bottom