OP 2 Clipping, but not OP1

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Playing with my levels since weve got the UV meters. I have my OP2 lower than OP1 (I use one for live and one at home - EQ compensated in the Global EQ for FM). Now, I have the levels altered in two places. 1st in the FX loop - where I have the loop at -9db but also in the Global EQ which is approx -5db. That gives me a difference (on the UVs) of around 10dbs int he OP. All fine - however, If I raise the FX loop to 0db, or push the global level up to +2-3db my OP2 front panel light is on. The patches are identical appart from the two levels, and on the UVs OP2 is showing averaging -6db while OP1 is averaging at -2db.

So - firstly I cant understand why when the OP2 is less than OP2 why OP2 is clipping but OP1 isnt. Secondly, why is anything clipping at a -db. Surly both should clip at the same point.

Seems strange. Cant be any block levels as the patch is identical (I just take an FX loop feed before a cab block I use for recording - but thats bypassed for playing Amp/Cab so wont affect things here).

Ideas?

**Edit**

Altered a patch - and removed the FX loop. OP2 is set to echo OP1 in global. So, now the two patches should be identical apart from any level differences in the global EQ section for the relevant OPs. OP2 is 2-3 db lower than OP1. Thats expected. OP2 clip light is on, OP1 isnt. Dont understand this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom