Oops I modified a factory pre-set, how do I revert?

Hi @bxlgotham

I here you there... wouldn't it be great to have Ctrl+Z functionality!

From a backup, I use fractool (search this site if you don't have it yet) to save all the presets to individual files... so, when I (inevitably) screw one up, I have a backup.
Thanks
Pauly

Unzip the downloaded file and browse the directory with the unzipped preset files using the preset manager of Axe-Edit III. From there you can pick the desired preset. I think it is also possible to drag 'n drop the preset file into the Axe-Edit III window. In either case don't forget to save the preset to your Axe-Fx III.

You seem to have a lot of novice questions. Most all of these can be answered by reading the manual.
I absolutely second that.
Reading the manual is the most important thing and it will answer most of the questions.
People will have the most success when they study their stuff and learn how things are work.
Cheers
Sash

p.s I did. download and study the manual months before my Axe FX did arrive and that was the best thing I could do.

I absolutely second that.
Reading the manual is the most important thing and it will answer most of the questions.
People will have the most success when they study their stuff and learn how things are work.
Cheers
Sash

p.s I did. download and study the manual months before my Axe FX did arrive and that was the best thing I could do.
+1

I always dig through the manual before I even decide to buy a piece of gear.

Just RTFM people. Do that first, before Google, before trying to find a tutorial, video guide, doing a forum search, posting a thread etc.

Cool cool. Got the file, how do I load it? Thx :)

Welcome to the forum, @bxlgotham! Just wanted to post several incredibly useful links for newbies and veterans, alike. You might get a few "Read the Fantastic Manual" responses (and it is indeed, fantastic!)
I know you want to get up to speed ASAP, and even I go back and read some more on occasion, even after 11 years experience as a Fractal customer and user.

WIKI: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_II_Wiki_Home

The Fantastic Manual: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

Fractool Software (3rd party, @AlGrenadine, donation supported software) https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractool-ultimate-multitool-for-fas-devices.112538/

And then there's @Cooper Carter's fantastic course, worth every penny to me. I even purchased it AFTER having 3 other previous Fractal Audio Products, and it got me up to speed and performing with my AXE III in my band within 2 weeks.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...with-cooper-carter-v3-0-available-now.139623/

Cheers! And welcome to the rabbit hole of fantastic guitar eargasm goodness! (I have since sold all of my old tube amps finally this year!)

...I've never used any type of course/class for the Axe-Fx, and I think most haven't. I can probably see why some people might enjoy them, but I don't think they teach people anything that can't be learned other ways.
Letting others help to guide you will almost always shorten the learning curve.

I’m going to go against the grain here and be a little more empathetic.
I know when spend a squillion on anything, I read the manuals usually weeks/months beforehand - Still though, when I get the device/vehicle/software I’m still a novice, revert to an excited 21 year old, and probably ask some newb questions.
One of the hilights of being on the fractal train, is this forum’s members willingness to put my (and others) lack of knowledge aside and just help where they can. This is a standout feature and not common at all.
I try to where possible, and I’m glad most other do too. You can bet the OP will always know what firmware version he’s running :)

Anyway - keep it up - thanks
Pauly

...also, the op Looks like Anthony Jezelnik so I’m already smiling when I read his posts ha!
Pauly

...also, the op Looks like Anthony Jezelnik so I’m already smiling when I read his posts ha!
Pauly
Haha, I usually get (young) Dane Cook or (Olivia Wilde phase) Jason Sudeikus lol. Kk I'll take it though lol. Yeah I mean I get it, trust me I read the manual when I can, but I will cop to being an impatient, 120hr work week full-time CEO who kinda wants some things to be kinda obvious with the least amount of confusion. I will def make sure to return the favor to the future youngens of the AXEFX world :).

Haha, I usually get (young) Dane Cook or (Olivia Wilde phase) Jason Sudeikus lol. Kk I'll take it though lol. Yeah I mean I get it, trust me I read the manual when I can, but I will cop to being an impatient, 120hr work week full-time CEO who kinda wants some things to be kinda obvious with the least amount of confusion. I will def make sure to return the favor to the future youngens of the AXEFX world :).
Plenty of youtube videos with everything you need to move ahead. Just sayin!

Back
Top Bottom