Oops! I did it again....

Going out on a limb and guess a Swamp Ash Special. Given the headstock it could very well be a CE series as well.

When I first saw Ian (@iaresee ) Silver Sly I fell in love with it. Tried one a few weeks ago and then… never found a Strato that suits my needs (feeling and sound) so this will be my first all single coils guitar!

When I first saw Ian (@iaresee ) Silver Sly I fell in love with it. Tried one a few weeks ago and then… never found a Strato that suits my needs (feeling and sound) so this will be my first all single coils guitar!
It's been the perfect Strat, for me. Between the Silver Sky and my 594 semi-hollow my other guitars aren't getting much play time any more.

its a precursor to the silver sky. Iirc its EG-305-silver sky.
Yes a very nice guitar, but it is not so common on this side of the pond... US and UK have a lot of great guitars (mint) but with duty and shipping you pay so much. This year I prefer to miss my NAMM week so I have no way to do some shopping...

When PRS released the Silver Sky the forums everywhere were full of people bemoaning the horrible things that Mayer and PRS did to the “Strat”. Then I was reading a recent review of the SE version and the author was talking about how the core model had refined and redefined the way a Strat should feel and perform. It’s funny how a smart guitar company can do that. :)

I’m trying to reduce my herd and my two Strats sit ignored. I’ve thought about selling them and grabbing one of the Fiore models because I like SSH more.

As I wrote I've never found a Strat that made me happy (I own a YJM with scalloped frets but I can not call it a Strat ;) ).
I tried a SS and it was a pleasure to play; at the moment I can not judge it (since I haven't received it and I tried for a short time) but I'll let you know. Fiore was another one on the list but I have so many guitars with HB so...

I purchased a Silver Sky a few weeks ago. Not the guitar for me. I returned it and bought a Vela S2 Semi-Hollow (Robin's Egg Blue Pearl) and a Player Strat for the price of the Silver Sky. Going to do some work on the cheap strat. The Vela blows we away and it is a blast to play. It only weighs close to 5 pounds I believe. Congrats! If you like the feel of the neck, you will love the Silver Sky. I just couldn't justify $2500 for that guitar. Price of Vela, maybe I would have kept it.

Back
Top Bottom