Ooops

I found out what happened. I added a field to the model parameters some time after doing the Recto models. The field determines if a shelving filter has unity gain at 0 or infinity. I set the field wrong on the Rectos. This was causing way too much bass into the power amp simulation which would cause things to be muddy and flubby. I checked the other models and they're correct.

Also, while I was cleaning things up I misread .500e-3 as 500e-3. I always put a leading zero on things but for some reason didn't this time and therefore missed the decimal point.

of course, and the flux capacitor was set wrong, I believe...:lol

I found out what happened. I added a field to the model parameters some time after doing the Recto models. The field determines if a shelving filter has unity gain at 0 or infinity. I set the field wrong on the Rectos. This was causing way too much bass into the power amp simulation which would cause things to be muddy and flubby. I checked the other models and they're correct.

Also, while I was cleaning things up I misread .500e-3 as 500e-3. I always put a leading zero on things but for some reason didn't this time and therefore missed the decimal point.

Ah, those pesky decimal points. ;)

Man... with you being generous and all toward us with these extra goodies... too bad you weren't momentarily a disgruntled pizza maker/delivery guy tonight... . I could use some extra hot peppers, bacon, black olives and cheese on my pizza right abouts now. Thanks Cliff for your attention to detail and the extra goodies. :D

Speak english cliff! So glad this is getting fixed, I knew something was off and was about to roll back to 9.02. Same with the vh4, though I'll admit I've never played the real thing.

How about a mad-man "Random Shake" button that randomly mess up all the internal parameters and decimal point positions? The unexpected results could be a delicatessen exquisiteness for some players :lol

Actually, this has been proposed numerous times since the days of the Standard and Ultra; to look beyond the confines of the traditional amp designs; building a user customizable platform, allowing the user to create their own amps in the same manner as one does now with say the patch layout and user IR's...

The fixes and re-MIMIC'ing are done and a beta firmware is going out to test tonight.

I've also added five new amp models, five new cab IRs and 14 cab IRs from V9.

Mind%3Dblown.gif

I have always had great respect and admiration for Cliff's intelligence, genius, perseverance, work ethic and dedication to excellence. I too found the new Rectos a bit flubby in FW 10.0. I didn't worry much because I've always viewed the AXE-FX as a system, as amazing and powerful as it currently is, in evolution. IMHO everything else in FW 10 is such a considerable improvement (to my ears at least) over FW 9.0 which I was already quite happy with. When you consider the all the power and technology that the AXE-FX brings to bear to the creation of music, perhaps one of the most human of endeavors, you might think a super-human created it. Cliff acknowledging the error to everyone is simply incredible. This level of integrity, character and humility shows that Cliff is indeed human….and in the very best of ways. Thank you Cliff, you are awesome!!!!

Thanks for providing details on what happened, you certainly don't need to do this, the fact that you offer this to us shows how big of a man you are!

The fixes and re-MIMIC'ing are done and a beta firmware is going out to test tonight.

I've also added five new amp models, five new cab IRs and 14 cab IRs from V9.

Anxious for the next firmware...It would have been so easy to fix the rectos and release the new firmware without a mention to anyone. You never really struck me as soemone who takes the easy way out, as evidenced by the groundbreaking product you invented. It takes both the talent and the correct hard work ethic to achieve what you have. You should feel proud of that!

Thanks for letting us be a part of the journey.

Jean.

Back
Top Bottom