Ooops - I forgot TWO... :o)

Radley

Experienced
Ooops - I forgot one... ;)

This is a suggestion that (IMHO) could really make the AFX stand out from the competition:

• Pitch-Shifting & Harmonizer algorithms - Add switchable resonant low pass filters for each shifted voice (or maybe one control for all voices). This could finally be the death-knell for those terrible, bogus chipmunk sounds that make it obvious that a machine (not a musician) is creating all those upper harmonies & high octaves. The cool thing is that the filters have much more effect where they are most needed - in the upper registers. The resonance parameter will serve to restore any lost 'point' to the filtered sound if needed. I still default to an ancient smart-shifter because of it's unintentional lack of extended highs on the shifted notes, and it sounds *much* more believable live and in the studio than the typical 'hi-tech' stuff. It also causes the melody (original signal) to stand out better.

~Rad~

Re: Ooops - I forgot one... :eek:)

The Hi-Cut parameter on the first page does this. It's for both voices though and it's not resonant. To do a resonant filter put a filter block after the pitch block.

I agree thought that separate filters for each voice with adjustable Q would be a nice feature.

Mucho thanks for the info ;)

Another quickie:

• Please consider changing the chorus waveshape in the Reverb block to triangle - I'm hearing the modulation 'turn the corners' and it detracts from the smoothness IMHO (when using long, heavy Verb).

~Rad~

Radley said:
Mucho thanks for the info ;)

Another quickie:

• Please consider changing the chorus waveshape in the Reverb block to triangle - I'm hearing the modulation 'turn the corners' and it detracts from the smoothness IMHO (when using long, heavy Verb).

~Rad~

Rad, when you had a wish put a poll in the wish list... one wish one poll... so that people may express opinion and submit a vote... :mrgreen:

+1 for this feature.

Smilzo said:
Rad, when you had a wish put a poll in the wish list... one wish one poll... so that people may express opinion and submit a vote... :mrgreen:
I add: One wish = one poll = ONE THREAD, because I'd like to agree to the second wish of this topic (triangle waveform on Reverb block), but if I take +1 for it here, it's not really visible as in a dedicated topic.

Is there a good book to read so I can better understand a thread like this?
+1

I'm also looking for a good book to better understand the advanced parameters of the different effect blocks.

MisterE said:
+1

I'm also looking for a good book to better understand the advanced parameters of the different effect blocks.

I think the better way is to stud some synthesis tutorial.
Most of basis are the same in both domain.

For example, manuals of Nord Modular G2 has an annexe section about its basis.
You can download one of those manuals in PDF from the website of Clavia.

Firstpenguin said:

"Multieffects for Musicians" or something like that is a good place to start

Back
Top Bottom