Ooooh... Charts and Graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Krumpert has audible aliasing. I knew it sucked. Don’t even imagine what would do the Helix...

But... wait. “Very popular competitor”... and if it was... the Pod XT???!!!

i've been working with the II and III a lot lately for testing. i know there's all this technical stuff explaining what's going on, but i don't know that stuff too well. all i know is that playing the III definitely FEELS great and sounds even "clearer" if that makes any sense.

the II does not sound or feel any worse than it ever has though; please don't start that thought. i use the AX8 weekly and it's better than anything else on my stages. but going back and forth between the 2 platforms, i definitely love what the III offers.

and we're JUST getting started...

My AX8 had been parked for a couple months and I got it out this weekend. I’m still blown away by my favorite patches and can’t imagine things being better.

My AX8 had been parked for a couple months and I got it out this weekend. I’m still blown away by my favorite patches and can’t imagine things being better.
They can. Imagine a nice girl in bikini.
Now imagine that clearer, with more transparency and clarity ;)

So Krumpert has audible aliasing. I knew it sucked. Don’t even imagine what would do the Helix...

But... wait. “Very popular competitor”... and if it was... the Pod XT???!!!

I don't think it was the Kermit, even if the line was green.

I’m curious to hear this. If I a/b the III and other devices is it very noticeable? (when I get one of course)
I've played both the II and the III side by side on the same preset. I hear more clarity in the Axe III.

Note that the II is still delicious. And I still gig my AX8 happily. But the edge goes to the Axe-Fx III.

AMP and CAB block aside, there are big leaps forward on effects blocks in the II. I'm spending a lot of time on presets that use the Plex and MTD blocks and they sound quite a bit better in the III.

Do we now have separate plex and multi-delay blocks? The plex delay is probably my all time favorite effect but FAS has bumped many others out of my favorites and took their place :)

Wow. Nice gains over the other guys. Like 20dB. I gotta get me one of those Keystone c66 processors.:)

Last edited:
I cut and pasted all the data in here and sent to wife with subject "Here's why I need the AXE-FX III"

It's just that simple, folks. Wives love data.

26da32597d9bd37fde9da22660aa524f24fd725c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom