Ooooh... Charts and Graphs Redux

Here are the latency results:

View attachment 89026

A little over 4ms. Somewhat poor for a device in this class.

I have ended my 1 week test with "the new" thing and this is an issue, it gets even worth with 4 capture blocks and almost no one is talking about this at all. I have never experienced increased latency in a floor unit as you are close to maxing out the CPU.

The new thing has a long way to go and as of right now the asking price is too much for what it has.

This explains why those guys are already asking each other where to set their low pass filter in the cab block... 5k-8k and why the top end on the Axe III sounds so good.

The EQ block is cool as it looks like your topical DAW eq, but its limited and not as powerful as the Fractal ones.

I keep missing a lot of details and logical knobs that are present is all Fractal FX blocks, the new thing feels so immature and not pro level. But it seems this is exactly what many want, simple non complicated stuff even is they are limited and not sound as good.

The EQ block is cool as it looks like your topical DAW eq, but its limited and not as powerful as the Fractal ones.

I keep missing a lot of details and logical knobs that are present is all Fractal FX blocks, the new thing feels so immature and not pro level. But it seems this is exactly what many want, simple non complicated stuff even is they are limited and not sound as good.
did they stop making the Headrush????

You know …
I totally understand that some guys after a 8h working Day don’t want to spent 3 hours a day to like their sound . It’s like … cooking ? Some guys like to cook 2 hours before eating , and some guy buy a bad sandwich in the street .

As ever, whatever gear you use, if you got ears and you are a good player… everything is tweakable.

But I have to admit that all the demos from the QC really sound like **** to me and still don’t understand the hype .

Because it was already a « easy to use » product . the sound wasn’t that bad as I ve selled them a few year back in the day . Problems with the software, freeze . But maybe now it’s ok
Its continues to be an easy unit to use, hell ive still love the interface even better than the QC. HR got a lot of things right from day one.

Yes, the QC has a killer better display, but both are solid metal built units that feel like they could survive many gigs, what the QC got perfectly right is the size-weight ratio and foot switches perfectly balanced in a portable unit.

51492901451_6451528959_b.jpg

I'm gonna buy a QC any-who if nothing else for its capture capability. But I'm damn sure not getting rid of my Axe-FX III Mk2 to do it. I'm hard-pressed to hear anything @ 16K (decades of too much Marshall Amplification) or above anyway, so that's not gonna bother me too much. After 50+ years I can feel the note as much as hear it (if that makes any sense)... Thanks, Cliff for the charts. :)

"Quad Cortex in studio has more harmonic content as fractal, i can say only this.
Amazing job at Neural DSP." comment I just saw on Ola Englunds channel.

Someone tell me wtf this person was saying ^

"Quad Cortex in studio has more harmonic content as fractal, i can say only this.
Amazing job at Neural DSP." comment I just saw on Ola Englunds channel.

Someone tell me wtf this person was saying ^
Ola had a recent video where he is going back on tour and debating between the FM3 or the QC or the Synergy. He used a looper and swapped cables. All sounded good. The EQ was darker on the FM3. I can't help explain the syntax, word choice or sentence structure of the above post though. Poorly written sentences where meanings and ideas are lost is my second biggest pet peeve of the internet.

Ola had a recent video where he is going back on tour and debating between the FM3 or the QC or the Synergy. He used a looper and swapped cables. All sounded good. The EQ was darker on the FM3. I can't help explain the syntax, word choice or sentence structure of the above post though. Poorly written sentences where meanings and ideas are lost is my second biggest pet peeve of the internet.
Yea man that’s the video I’m referring to. The comment section is a true dumpster fire of guitar player stupidity / ignorance. People deciding which one sounds better based on that video when he didn’t even properly record them. He didn’t even use the same amp models, he was comparing a neural capture of his engl powerball module with the ENGL savage model in the FM3. Totally different sounding amps.

Cliff mentioned shills, honestly a lot of comments look like they could only be someone told to say what they’re saying. More harmonic content sounds like something a guitar center employee tells me when I’m not sure about buying something lol.

Yea man that’s the video I’m referring to. The comment section is a true dumpster fire of guitar player stupidity / ignorance. People deciding which one sounds better based on that video when he didn’t even properly record them. He didn’t even use the same amp models, he was comparing a neural capture of his engl powerball module with the ENGL savage model in the FM3. Totally different sounding amps.

Cliff mentioned shills, honestly a lot of comments look like they could only be someone told to say what they’re saying. More harmonic content sounds like something a guitar center employee tells me when I’m not sure about buying something lol.
moreover i dont get how these guys compare even the same amp models, across different modellers, by tweaking them same, because there are alot of choices that can be made different when trying to model something, someone has referred colder amps, some refer to hotter bias, some come up with their own sweet setups .

We have alot at the back going on, for us with fractal its easier to see why a stock amp sounds hot or dark or whatever, to those guys they have nothing to see.

They just mess with BMT MV gain, and think its should sound wonderful. which is very nice if it does. But making judgements that the latter sounds better than the former without understanding the reference amps used to model may themselves sound different, and that the some devices have a potential far beyond if you try to understand and make a tone and let you overcome any preferential tonal difference in the reference amp if at all or get creative.

More options to sculpt a tone is never a bad thing unlike what people say. I certainly have full control over myself that i dont tweak endlessly, and play guitar when i have to, and tweak when im in the mood to. without compromising on either.

Last edited:

ya the term harmonic content is about as useful as saying a left handed screwdriver. I have no bones with people who say "in this particular instance from the samples provided, A sounds better than B to my ears based on the current settings. " But to jump to conclusions and say that one product is better based on that is asinine.

No idea. Probably one of Neural's paid shills. Either that or he's mistaking aliasing for "harmonic content".
Yes and there's also this thing where people hate on fractal for no valid reason other than it dominating the space so long. Simply Simply because its kinda become a benchmark and its also a lot pricier than other things even if they offer much less arent updated as frequently or are half assed like the newest thing.
So since a company makes good plugins , everything they make must be gold. and then that becomes a whole fucking wave of people tryna act anti to whatever has ideally been doing well , and try to justify it with cr*p

Then there's also this set of old school amp guys who a reluctant to change and probably dislike fractal for being so good at it, and then express shit on internet because their bias is less towards other modellers.

Really stupid SMH.

Back
Top Bottom